Counterfeit or Real?

karlmarx

I received a new pump in today to replace my trusty but failing skimmer pump. It was supposed to be a Sicce PSK 2500 w/ pinwheel and venturi. The venturi feature does not have enough sunction and the pump seems to be less powerful than my last one. It also looks significantly different than the pictures online, and has no brand anywhere on it.

RgvFHpul.jpg

GOENvo0l.jpg

dJhmpoYl.jpg

a Sicce will have branding on it, I call foul. Get a hold of who ever you got this from and start asking questions.

a Sicce will have branding on it, I call foul. Get a hold of who ever you got this from and start asking questions.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Sic...jvoASy2oL4BQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1636&bih=876

Sure looks like quite a few places are selling them without branding. I don't know about Sicce's policy, but where I work we'd see that and deal with it, IF it was something hurting our brand or product. OEM don't always include branding. ATB's replacement pumps look to be sold without branding.

Thanks, I did call and they said that it is a real sicce, and they don't sell knock offs, but it really doesn't look like a real one to me. I know that Sicce does make some OEM pumps, and perhaps this is one of those?

My apologies, I should have said that I would think a Sicce will have branding. But still suspicious if you are saying the pump looks different than what you can find on the web. Where did you get it from?

Back