Couple Questions

MrRoo

In Memoriam
1) I put my first fish in today which was a pair of percula clowns and I did the drip acclimation and kept the light off. When I put them in they were fine and I put some flake food in and they ate it up and then I left. I came home and turned a house light on and I see them laying on the sand.... Normal? Now that the house light is on they are swimming around but is it normal for the clowns to sleep on the sand?

2) My tank is in the living room and it isn't pitch dark, is that ok? Should I put a blanket over the tank to keep it dark? It seems that since I got home I disturbed their night :)

1. It is normal for clowns to sleep anywhere they are comfortable, low current is usually what they like.

2. As long as it is darker then it is when the lights are on, everything should be fine

I think they will do that for the night, tomorrow they will explore and find a spot. Ambient light shouldnt affect the tank unless its on all night.

Ok its just that some lights get turned on and off and some of it shines on the tank. I see them now swimming all around and I feel like I am keeping them from sleeping.

Re: Couple Questions

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12264500#post12264500 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MrRoo
1) I put my first fish in today which was a pair of percula clowns and I did the drip acclimation and kept the light off. When I put them in they were fine and I put some flake food in and they ate it up and then I left. I came home and turned a house light on and I see them laying on the sand.... Normal? Now that the house light is on they are swimming around but is it normal for the clowns to sleep on the sand?

2) My tank is in the living room and it isn't pitch dark, is that ok? Should I put a blanket over the tank to keep it dark? It seems that since I got home I disturbed their night :)

welcome back

1 what do you expect from a couple of clowns:lol:
Seriously, anything abnormal is normal for percs

2 the tank doesn't need to be pitch dark--if you put a blanket over it then you can interfere with the oxygen exchange and could have heat problems
when they fish see you they see "dinner":eek2:
they also get use to conditions---mine sleep at night and don't ever come out of the rocks because i have never fed them at that time.

Awesome thanks captain!

I got worred because they are my first fish and I just put them and a 6 line wrass in.

Back