Cube Master 12 Gallon

I just bought a Cube Master 12G for 70 bucks at a LFS in Modesto, CA. It doesn't have room for a heater nor does the return pump seem to stimulate my Xenia. Has anyone had experience with these tanks? I have a SPS reef tank and took out my softies to put in the nano. The xenia does not seem to like the change at all. Of course my reef had 500 watts of metal halide (20k) over 40 gallons while the nano has 24 watts of T5. It also has 4 chambers for filtration but no apparent room for a skimmer. I just put chemi-pure and Sea Chem phosphate remover in the 3rd chamber. The water is cold and like I said no room for a heater

SAW ONE OF THESE TANKS AT MY LFS AND THOUGHT IT WAS PRETTY CRAPPY. POOR CONSTRUCTION AND YOU CANT PUT ALL THE LIGHTS ON A TIMER WITHOUT SOME OVERHAULING ON THE WIRING.
I WOULD GUESS THAT THE TEMP IS THE MAIN PROBLEM. EVEN IF IT IS HIGH ENOUGH TO MANAGE, THE INCONSISTANCIES OF DAY AND NIGHT TEMP WOULD LIKELY HARM ANY INHABITANTS.
THE OTHER THINGS TO CONSIDER WOULD BE A CYCLE IN A NEWER TANK, OR A NUMBER OF OTHER ISSUES IN CHEMISTRY OF THE SYSTEM. MAYBE MORE INFO WOULD HELP? SALINITY, NITRITES/NITRATES, ANY AMONIA?
GOOD LUCK

I bought one and did not like it.The ballast had to be replaced three times within the first year.I bought a nano cube dx and literally threw the cube master in the garbage.I have heard of others having the same problem.

Back