Current Cardiff Aquarium

I saw one at a LFS the other day and was disappointed with the size. It's really small and the bent glass goes all the way around the front distorts everything pretty much no matter how you look into it. Really cool idea, and great looking "piece of furniture" but I'd go for a Solana thinking in an aquariests mindset.

Re: Current Cardiff Aquarium

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15462740#post15462740 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 75glreef
I was just wondering if anybody has one and what there experience has been good and bad? Pictures of one setup would be great. I would also like to know how well the skimmer on this works?
Here is the aquarium

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3730+20425&pcatid=20425

I have one. What do you want to know? I love it! I just replaced the stock skimmer as it did an ok job, I wanted to try and see if I could do more with another skimmer.

Some pics:
tank-4.jpg

EuroReef_Nano_Skimmer_tank_back.jpg

Video of wave action from MP-10:
Wave Action from MP-10

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15468094#post15468094 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by uhuru
ooh is that a euroreef nano skimmer? if so how do you like it?

So far it is better than the stock skimmer. It has taken a bit for me to adjust it. Only negative I have is when it skims over, the salt spray gets all over everything. I need to find some type of mod either to drill the cup so the overflow goes back into the air intake or overflow back into sump area.

So far it is better than the stock skimmer. It has taken a bit for me to adjust it. Only negative I have is when it skims over, the salt spray gets all over everything. I need to find some type of mod either to drill the cup so the overflow goes back into the air intake or overflow back into sump area.

I have replaced the ER Nano Skimmer with the Sapphire Skimmer as I was not happy with the amount of adjustments required to keep the ER skimming properly. Every time I would turn around it would be blowing its cup for no apparent reason and dump all its skim back into the tank. When the ER was adjusted, it would skim great but I could not keep it adjusted for more than a couple days at a time as the sponge would begin to clog after a few days. Some have been successful running without a sponge but I could not so I had to find another skimmer.

I have one as well and I love it. I replaced the skimmer but with the tunze. Easy to aquascape,one rock does the job
9-1.jpg

Cardiff

Cardiff

WOW Wonderful colors on the zoas. Which lighting and skimmer are you using? I just set up mine with stock skimmer and pc lighting. Please post more pics:rollface:

Wow, mwladdict and sal9012, your tanks look amazing. What lights are you both running?

Sal9012; does the tank appear as blue in real life asit does in the photos? Which brand of 20K halide bulb are you using? I am curently sing a Phoenix 14K and cannot get a blue look. Thanks.

Sal9012; does the tank appear as blue in real life asit does in the photos? Which brand of 20K halide bulb are you using? I am curently sing a Phoenix 14K and cannot get a blue look. Thanks.

It's not that blue on real life (I just suck at taking pictures :lmao:), blue with a hint of purple. I'm using radium, double ended.

I was just wondering if anybody has one and what there experience has been good and bad? Pictures of one setup would be great. I would also like to know how well the skimmer on this works?
Here is the aquarium

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3730+20425&pcatid=20425

By the way, I'm still using the original skimmer. I thought about upgrading to Tunze but I figure I'll give it a chance. I did a mesh mod on it and took the bioballs out and made a silencer out of pvc. It's performing like a champ now, no micro bubbles and super quiet. Not bad for a couple bucks worth of mods.

What did you do with the mesh mod?

You have to play with the impeller a bit. 3 layers of enkamat & fishing line. Next time I pull the skimmer up for cleaning I will shoot a couple pics. Let me tell you, night and day difference on performance.
I also did a media tray with 3 levels (purigen, chemipure and gfo) (acrylic scrap and eggcrate), works like a charm

You have to play with the impeller a bit. 3 layers of enkamat & fishing line. Next time I pull the skimmer up for cleaning I will shoot a couple pics. Let me tell you, night and day difference on performance.
I also did a media tray with 3 levels (purigen, chemipure and gfo) (acrylic scrap and eggcrate), works like a charm

Cool.

I have to get my router table up as I put some drawings together this weekend for a media like rack in the middle chamber where I suspect you have yours. I want to try a nutrient export system I was reading about as a little experiment to see if it works.

Cool.

I have to get my router table up as I put some drawings together this weekend for a media like rack in the middle chamber where I suspect you have yours. I want to try a nutrient export system I was reading about as a little experiment to see if it works.

Yeah, I have it on the middle chamber.
Let me know on your experiment ;)
I'm always looking to improve

Back