cutting teeth into an overflow box ok?

noobyReefer

i was wondering if it would be a safe idea to dremel some teeth into my overflow box (CPR CS100). anyone ever tried this before? i know ive seen alot of overflow boxes with them pre-cut, but ive never seen the CPR boxes with teeth.

I wouldn't do that with a CPR box, you will get lots of little bubbles and you will loose your siphon every few minutes, I think the guys how designed the box already thought about that and it didn't work

If you do that then you'll need a bigger pump and then adjusted to the right flow depending on your overflow that's a lot of work I did it once wouldn't do it again. My advise DON'T DO IT

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11621926#post11621926 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Elmer
If you do that then you'll need a bigger pump and then adjusted to the right flow depending on your overflow that's a lot of work I did it once wouldn't do it again. My advise DON'T DO IT

what do you mean bigger pump? as in return pump or aqualifter? these are pretty much the answers i was expecting to get. main reason i wanted to cut teeth into it was due to the fact that i dont have the net that came with the box, and was having alot of problems with my aqualifter clogging up, and fish getting sucked in. i know they sell a pre-filter for the lifters, but i think it would be better maybe to put a foam pad to keep fish out and the lifter from clogging. any suggestions on what my best solution is?

Back