CVRC offical site

Reef4Fun

We need to get together and give Ron (If that is okay with him) some updated info for the site. We also need to get him some nice photos of our tanks and so on. Maybe someone can help with the website since he has like two jobs. I will help all I can Ron.
Oh, also, Shane knows how to fix a chat roon in the AIM, wonder if there is anyway we could fix something like that up.
Just wanting to be helpful without being pushy.
I love the idea of us having our own site.

Brock Fluharty

Lol, it's not really a chat room on AIM. You just log on, and click start chat, and invite people you wanna chat with.

I know a site where you can make your own forums.

I'll PM you Nancy.

Reef4Fun

Thanks Brock, I will take a look at that. I know that AIM is not really a chat room, a few months ago some of us got together and gave our IM screen names so that we could chat back and forth, just as a way to communicate easily until we can get a chat room up and running. I waws thinking that, until we get our own chat room, that we could use this form.
Thanks for the info though, I will check it out

mcox33

I use to have one of those for the club let me see if I can find it again or if I lost it because I haven't signed in in forever

firefish2020

Pictures, articles, etc are more than welcome guys.

Pics of your tanks, descriptions whatever you want to submit.
Working on the site is easy, it's the content thats hard to come by and I don't want to just post a bunch of pics of my stuff LOL.

mcox33

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8119623#post8119623 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Reef4Fun
Wow, nice job Mary. Hey, I didn't see your frags at the swap. You still have any left?

I have hair algea, so I did not bring any frags or buy any frags.
I would not wish this stuff on anyone and therefore I won't Sell, Trade or Buy as long as there is any of it left in my system.

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks, I can get things under control, hopefully in time for the next meeting. But I will be buying only as hair algea has taken over most of my coral. Very sad. I even considered going FOWLR but someone volunteered to help get it straightened out.

Nancy call me

firefish2020

Looks pretty nice, I will link from our site to it ASAP. Can you change the color to match the blue color of the CVCRC site? If so please go ahead and do so.

You may or may not know this but most "free" picture spaces have a clause in them that when you upload your pics they can try to claim them as theirs. Just thought you may like to know, make sure you read all of the fine print before agreeing to host files with any free service. I know "myspace.com" claims the right to use, modify or claim any of the materials posted on it's boards at any times for any means without the consent of the artist, or original photographer.

mcox33

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8121350#post8121350 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by firefish2020
Looks pretty nice, I will link from our site to it ASAP. Can you change the color to match the blue color of the CVCRC site? If so please go ahead and do so.

You may or may not know this but most "free" picture spaces have a clause in them that when you upload your pics they can try to claim them as theirs. Just thought you may like to know, make sure you read all of the fine print before agreeing to host files with any free service. I know "myspace.com" claims the right to use, modify or claim any of the materials posted on it's boards at any times for any means without the consent of the artist, or original photographer.

Ron I am pming you information so you can sign in and do what ever you want to it.

LowCel

Premium Member
Wow, first time I've looked at the site in a while. It has come along great! You would think I would check it out a little more often wouldn't ya. :(

LowCel

Premium Member
LOL, yeah believe it or not I'm still around. I check out the forums from time to time, just don't figure anyone wants to hear from a "quitter". :(

coralreefer

No Pistons
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8129014#post8129014 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by LowCel
You would think I would check it out a little more often wouldn't ya. :(
Yep :lol:
Hi Bruce :wave: You are missed around here.
How's racing and the price of tomatoes :D

LowCel

Premium Member
Racing is going pretty well. As of right now I am third in the WV series in my class. Here is a link to the points standings if anyone is interested. I have also done quite a few races outside of the WV series. This past weekend I did my 20th race of the year. I only have two more planned as of right now but I will probably manage to find a few more here and there. I will still be training as much as possible getting ready for next season though. I figure by the time the year is over I will have between 5,000 and 6,000 miles on the bike. Oh yeah, I am hoping to move up to expert early next season.

Tomatoes are doing pretty well too. They are keeping us all pretty busy. Our busy season is just now starting. Other than the two weekends I'm taking off to race I will be working pretty much every weekend until sometime in November. :rolleyes:

Anywho, here is a sort of recent race picture.

Tomlinson4-2006.jpg

odoprelude

BRUCE!!! Yeah, you need to swing by the next meeting and show Mary and I how to figure out our calcium reactors... MRC says "easy to follow instructions included in box"... paper in box says see website...so it's been sitting since last Christmas... Poor Matt tried to help me out with it... mine is actually probably ready to go, seriously though.. but I figure we can all learn from it...

mcox33

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8135782#post8135782 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by odoprelude
BRUCE!!! Yeah, you need to swing by the next meeting and show Mary and I how to figure out our calcium reactors... MRC says "easy to follow instructions included in box"... paper in box says see website...so it's been sitting since last Christmas... Poor Matt tried to help me out with it... mine is actually probably ready to go, seriously though.. but I figure we can all learn from it...

Mine should be ready to go as well. I even have the kalk reactor. with the float switch Just have not had the time to try to figure it out. 2 huge bags of media as well for the calcium reactor.