Cyano again!

wbdevers

I've recently had cyano pop up in my tank. The strings are sticking to my corals and my LR. I can't figure out why I'm getting it again. My tank is almost 8 months old. I feed my fish once a day. My corals are feed generally twice a week. I have three power heads going (ea 700 gph)--one blowing along the back of my rock to help prevent stagnate areas and to help move detritus. One is blowing at the front glass and bouncing. The other is blowing across the tank opposite my return from the sump. My parameters are as follows: Ca-480, Alk-8/ 2.9/ 142.9, Mg-1305, pH-8.3, temp-82, SG=1.026 and NH4, NO2, NO3 and PO4 are all zero or at least non-detectable. Does bulb life affect cyan? I know my bubs are at the end of their life.

Thanks in advance.

Feeding corals twice a day could be leading to excess nutrients.. Test po4 with a Hanna meter to see your true po4 levels

I feed them twice a WEEK. I know the old adage--if you've got nuisance algae you've got nitrates and phosphates. They have to eat something. I just wonder about flipping the rocks.

I only use mysis maybe once a week though. I feed my corals either Oyster Feast or I bring plankton samples home from work. I feed the fish Spectrum pellets. Grrrr! This is bugging the hell out of me.

Back