Cyano? Dino? Please help ID this green/brown slime

zhangster

About 4 weeks ago I checmically killed red cyano growing on my sand bed.

Recently I noticed a new greenish-brown slimy growth on the sand bed where the red cyano was. Please help me ID this. Thank you in advance.
UC7Tk0c.jpg

Not a great pic but I don't think it's dinos. The very dark parts look a bit like cyano. Your description of 'slimy' also points towards cyano.

Thank you Michael... This week the Cyano started coming on the sand bed. I hate putting chemicals in my tank but it's time I'm forced to do it again.

Try just keeping the lights off for 3 days and drawing drapes if there is a window near. Do it once a month and skim at your most efficient. Chemiclean says it won't take out your sand bacteria, but twice in close succession is pushing safety.

Give your sand a vacuum and increase your flow. Reduce the amount of food you are "feeding' your tank. Excessive food and not enough flow can increase your chances of Cyno sticking around.

From looking at the pics im wondering what is your nitrate readings ATM. And what is the age of this tank setup? If the nitrates are high water changes do little but dosing Red Sea no pox daily is almost magical in how fast it drops nitrates & phosphates within literally days to almost o and is reef safe tho i would recommend dosing starting at 1/2 a ml per 25 gal. IF this is the issue.

Back