cycled tank think i found a hitchhiker. please help

spydercarl

Hello everyone I'm very new here and to your wonderful hobby. i turned my lights off tonight and when i went to look at the tank before bed. i saw a centipede looking creature popping out of my live rock near my red legged hermits. Im am saying centipede but its really more like a worm with tons of little legs. When i flashed the light on it he quickly hid back into the rock. Is this little guy going to be an issue. All that is currently in the tank is my clean up crew.

probably just a bristle worm. harmless unless he grows to ginormous proportions and tries to eat the city you live in. they are scavengers.

If I am not mistaken that discription sound like many others on here, which would be a bristle worm..(not sure, haven't seen one my self yet)..But thats what it sounds like

Thanks guys. He must've been there for 2 months now so it really freaked me out to see it. Would love to get rid of it but can't even find where he hides

Thanks guys. He must've been there for 2 months now so it really freaked me out to see it. Would love to get rid of it but can't even find where he hides

More than likely if you have one there are more.

Also, never touch them bare handed they can sting.

Back