d2mini's 25g Office Lagoon

6.5 miles from work and no freeways. :D
We are north of 610 between shepard and ella. Love it.

Good deal. I am not familure with that area. Having a reasonable drive to work makes a big difference in quality of life. My commute is just 20 minutes.

Good deal. I am not familure with that area. Having a reasonable drive to work makes a big difference in quality of life. My commute is just 20 minutes.

Yup, 19-20 mins to get to work in the morning, most of it one street the whole way. :D

Took a top-shot while doing a water change today, gives a different perspective.
That blob of epoxy in the middle is me killing a green monti. :p

i-zhC3Dp6.jpg

Couple more pics.
Everyone comes out during feeding time... I especially like to watch the porcelain crabs and pistol shrimp. :)

i-8H2TPcL.jpg

i-X8dMdFw.jpg

i-bJSct8F.jpg

Looking beautiful Dennis. All moved in? Are you planning on putting a large tank in the new house?

Thanks! :)
Yes, all moved in but plenty busy with misc projects i'm working on and other major expenses like a rework of the ac system (last week), plantation shutters (yesterday), and my cabinet guy who created the cabinetry around my 200g tank is now working on designs for building out our little home office space. :crazy1:

As far as a new tank goes, all I know at this time is it will be larger than this 25g Lagoon, but smaller than the 200g. Our floor plan is very open, so there is very little wall space available.

- Tunze 9001

The main thing I"m wondering is if the Tunze 9001 skimmer and the reactor will both fit.

Strongly suggest you reconsider the 9001. Everything else Tunze I have ever touched has rocked but it is as if they left the drunk on the loading dock design the 9001. It is basically impossible to set it and have it perform properly. See all of our threads in the nano area complaining about it on numerous tanks.

Dennis - As always your tank looks incredible. I wish I worked in a location that allowed something like that. I had to fight to have a desk fan so I dont think a tank would ever go over well...

Dennis - As always your tank looks incredible. I wish I worked in a location that allowed something like that. I had to fight to have a desk fan so I dont think a tank would ever go over well...

Thanks! And yes, i'm lucky to have a cool boss.... and my coworkers really enjoy it. :)

Thanks! And yes, i'm lucky to have a cool boss.... and my coworkers really enjoy it. :)

I work for a large corporation that is building a new office building (complex) and doing cool things like modern design office spaces etc. I wish we could have a tank in the office sometimes. :)

Couple more pics.
Everyone comes out during feeding time... I especially like to watch the porcelain crabs and pistol shrimp. :)

i-8H2TPcL.jpg

i-X8dMdFw.jpg

i-bJSct8F.jpg

I'm curious as what type of pistol shrimp you have. I've been thinking about adding one to my IM Fusion 40 but worry it might hunt my hermits and clown goby.

I'm curious as what type of pistol shrimp you have. I've been thinking about adding one to my IM Fusion 40 but worry it might hunt my hermits and clown goby.
I don't know the exact name. Came from Tampa Bay area in Florida.
I've seen "blue leg shrimp", "candy shrimp"... a few different names.

Here he is when he was in my mangrove tank....
i-pQSZFrH.jpg

Gorgeous! Excellent photography as well.

Thank you, both! :)

Thanks! :)

Yes, all moved in but plenty busy with misc projects i'm working on and other major expenses like a rework of the ac system (last week), plantation shutters (yesterday), and my cabinet guy who created the cabinetry around my 200g tank is now working on designs for building out our little home office space. :crazy1:

As far as a new tank goes, all I know at this time is it will be larger than this 25g Lagoon, but smaller than the 200g. Our floor plan is very open, so there is very little wall space available.

Dennis

Sounds perfect for a cube! I might go as far as I enjoyed your cube a tiny bit more that the 200!

Brown tank is looking great. Lol:thumbsup:

Oh make it a cube again like your 130g. Just do a 4'x4'x2' this go around. Of course make it with these: lol
cube tank - check.
Rimless starphire - check.
MP40w - check.
1xhqi + 4xt5 - check.
Cone skimmer - check.
Eheim return pump - check.

Dennis

Sounds perfect for a cube! I might go as far as I enjoyed your cube a tiny bit more that the 200!
The cube was fun. :)

Brown tank is looking great. Lol:thumbsup:

Oh make it a cube again like your 130g. Just do a 4'x4'x2' this go around. Of course make it with these: lol
cube tank - check.
Rimless starphire - check.
MP40w - check.
1xhqi + 4xt5 - check.
Cone skimmer - check.
Eheim return pump - check.
LOL, brown tank.
Good suggestions... except for that cone skimmer. I should slap you for that. ;)

Swapped out the knock-off Ushio 20k for a real deal Phoenix 14k.
There's a subtle difference and hard to show in pics but it's a little more crisp blue/white, less pink than the Ushio.

Before...
i-9w2gnmX.jpg

Now...
i-Fxj47r3.jpg

Back