DA ReefKeeper Lite help - quick question (automating a water change)

Subw00er

I'm using a RKL to try and automate a water change. What I want to do is use the standby mode to initiate the change at will. I want to start it with a 5 minute run time (to empty my sump) and let a pump run, then when it goes off, I want the ATO to kick on (which was set to OFF when in standby mode) and start filling up my sump. If I time it correctly, this will work well!

Technically, this seems possible, but I dont know what to set the water change pump up as. I've tried a few types, but none of the settings I tried allowed me to activate the pump with just the standby feature. I dont really want it to run at all unless in standby.

For example, if I chose on/off and set it to off, it wont activate in standby because the OFF overrides the standby function. Or if I chose a light with a one second run time, it didnt seem to work. I'm trying to trick it into working just in standby, but it doesnt work. I'm wondering if anyone has done anything similar?!

Thanks for any help.

My bet you are programming from myReef which is used for both RKL and RKE. Try programming through thr head unit. The RKL may not have the feature you are trying to use.

So your gonna have float switches telling the controller how much water to add back after draining the sump?

n2585722 - yes I am using myreef. The stuff I am doing is basic I think, and it didnt work through the head unit either. I actually cant get anything to turn ON when using standby mode! I tried this on my RKE and it worked as expected. There are some greyed out features in myreef because I'm using a RKL (for example only one standby is available instead of 4).

Shifty - yes thats correct. So I want to pump out quickly with a mj1200 and when thats done, the second ATO pump would take over pumping the water back in to a perfect level. The ATO setup is working ok with the SLX.

Back