DANG IT! I broke my bulk head! Are these sold at Ace?

areucrazy

So I'm starting off my day by changing out a pump and I tightend it tooooo much and heard a CRACK! I broke another bulk head! I have an Oceanic sump with 1 inch bulk heads. Are these sold at Ace or Home Depot?? Or do I need to go to Aqua Touch or something?? Thanks for the help! :wavehand:

THANK YOU!!! I've be told about this place from the guys at Home Depot but forgot where it was at! THANKS!!! I appreciate it!

Give em a call and ask about their plumbing supplies. Or try these guys, they shouldn't be too far from you since we're both in Glendale.

Homeowner's Plumbing Supply

Either way, call ahead.

CALLED...... NO BULK HEADS!! I guess maybe Tropical Treasures or Aqua touch is where I'll be going! DANG IT!! I just wanted this to be easy.... It never is! LOL... Now I have drained my sump! It holds at least 15 gallons....and i made a new mess on the floor! All I can do is laugh about it as i clean or I will get mad! LOL...

Tropical Treasures.... NONE! Can order but I need 1 now! I want 2 in case I break the other 1 too.... Gotta wait untill 11 for Aqua Touch to open but they should have it in stock. They have a nice little plumbing supply area

Hmm 1 inch. I have a box of like 1.5-2 inchers.. I'll check for 1 inch, but they came from a 240g so I doubt I have anything in the 1 inch department. But it's better to get new anyway.

You've got 20 mins for AT, so give em a call and see what happens. :)

I appreciate you looking for me :D but I agree on the new thing too...
Now I need to borrow a pipe wrench! LOL.. If its not one thing its another! At least I have great neighbors who lend me tools.... Im a girl who will use rocks and butter knives as tools! :twitch:

Hmm 1 inch. I have a box of like 1.5-2 inchers.. I'll check for 1 inch, but they came from a 240g so I doubt I have anything in the 1 inch department. But it's better to get new anyway.

You've got 20 mins for AT, so give em a call and see what happens. :)

The only other place I know if that has them besides AT is AA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate you looking for me :D but I agree on the new thing too...
Now I need to borrow a pipe wrench! LOL.. If its not one thing its another! At least I have great neighbors who lend me tools.... Im a girl who will use rocks and butter knives as tools! :twitch:

Rocks and butter knives are the single most useful tools on this planet!

Thanks Everyone! I got them at Aqua Touch for 12 bucks each. and a few other parts... 40 bucks later and now Im putting stuff together.... hope it doesnt leak at the end! LOL..

FRUSTERSATED doesnt EVEN begin to explain how I feel!!! I thought I could just screw everything together but the last 2 things wont screw in the same direction!!! 1 goes left and the other needs right!!!! I hope they make a piece for this!! or I dont know what to do! I have very little room to work with.... my tank has been off all day!!

***** Called the above plumbing store and the piece I asked for doesnt exist in plastic! Only metal for gas fittings. GGGRRRR...... I wish I knew more about this stuff!!

Wow! And just last week with your sprinkler repair you were on top of your game plan with plumbing. I find with home repairs & breeding fish that things go really, really good to bad & back to good & this can happen in the same day. I hope you got it fixed & don't use a pipe wrench, you will break it again.

OH MY GOSH!! I feel like such a doomazz!! LOL... I went to Aqua Touch at 11 to get the bulk head I broke...then came home to realize MY "original" plan was not going to work. I dont have much room under the stand to work with and I wanted to add a ball valve to each pump and this where the ball valve wouldnt meet up with my pump. SO.... another few trips to ACE to say .... what will connect this to that a few times..... and NOW at 8:30pm I'm all up and running with NO LEAKS!!! YAY!!! Im SLOW....but AWESOME!!! LOL... Time for a break..... and I'll post a pic later or in the morning! ACE IS THE PLACE!!

Thanks for the heads up... I couldnt even tell you the name of the tools I used! LOL... they just worked! I think I borrowed a pair of vice grips... and a plumbing wrench but it wasnt as heavy duty as some I have seen. I was very very careful not to tighten toooooo much becouse if I broke my sump I'd be selling off all my stuff! I cant get the sump out without taking the whole set up down :hmm2: which is NO GOOD! I do really appreciate your heads up. :wavehand: here is a pic of my finished product.

picture.php

QUOTE=Reef-o-Roni;18707297]Make sure you use channel locks and not a pipe wrench.[/QUOTE]

Back