December 12th CMAS Meeting

sailfintang

CMAS will be holding its Annual Holiday Party on Sunday December 12th from 6pm - ?.
holiday-party.jpg

We will have are usually party festivities and as an added bonus we are proud to have Scott Fellman joining us this year and providing a workshop demonstration:

“Aquascaping for the Aesthetically Challenged- LIVE!!!”

SCOTT'S BIO:

fellman.png

I'm the consummate "reef geek"! I bleed saltwater!

Much of my life centers around tweaking my protein skimmer, scraping algae, cleaning up spills, or figuring out how to unglue my fingers. I've been keeping marine aquariums since I was 12 years old, and during that time, I have maintained all sorts of aquariums, fish bowls, plastic boxes, and just about anything that can hold water. My passions are aquascaping and marine biotope aquariums. I love this hobby and the people in it!

I've mentored fellow hobbyists since 2002 on Bob Fenner's WetWebMedia.com site, and I was Co-Editor of WWM's Conscientious Aquarist online magazine for a couple of years. I served as president of my local club, the Marine Aquarium Society of Los Angeles County, in 2006. I've written a number of articles for Freshwater and Marine Aquarium Magazine, Ultramarine UK, Marine Fish and Reef USA Annual, "C" Journal, and other online venues, such as Reef Builders, where I write a weekly blog on a variety of reef-related topics.

In addition to my writing, I have racked up the frequent-flyer miles, travelling all over the U.S. speaking at clubs about all sorts of reef-related stuff. I'm really trying to complete a book on marine biotope aquaria and aquascaping before this century is over, and I'm sure my aquarium is due for a water change at some point!

When I'm not trying to replicate the ocean in my aquariums, I'm usually surfing in it at my local beach, dining at new restaurants (another great love), watching ice hockey, or SCUBA diving.​

Back