Deep Frozen Cyclopeeze/Liquid Life group buy

dodgerblew

Team RC
The So Cal Reefers have been offered a group buy by Liquid Life USA. Ed of Liquid Life USA has been a longtime reefkeeper and backyard bbq fragswapper and he wanted to remember those roots and do a "pay it forward" kind of thing for all of us. When he saw the interest in the deep frozen cyclopeeze, I contacted him about a group buy and here we are. I would personally like to extend a big thank you for this kindness and generosity so thank you Ed!

We are attempting to do this differently then other group buys due to myself being so geographically undesirable to all to come and pick up. I ran this idea by the RC mods and they gave me the go ahead to give this idea a try so this is how I propose to do this.

Because the expense of shipping frozen is high and the geographical area is so large, the way we can do this is to form area/region ship zones. For instance, we can have an Antelope Valley zone, Santa Clarita zone, San Fernando Valley zone, Ventura County zone, San Gabriel Valley zone, West L.A zone, South Bay zone, North and south O.C zones, I.E zone ( I don't know if San Bernardino area fits into I.E, but I'm sure you will let me know. What this group buy will need is a leader for each area whose address will be used to ship the product. Who ever participates will pick their zone to be shipped to. You will submit your order to me with your zone and at the end of the group buy I will submit the order to Liquid Life and they will then calculate shipping to each area and it will be divided equally among each areas participants. You will also be given the paypal addy for Liquid Life and you will pay them direct. Once LL receives payments from us they will then ship out to each leader and then each area leader will distribute to the buyers.

So, first things first, to make this work we need a leader for each area. I also believe that if your area falls in or is close to the Liquid Life office in Torrance, you can arrange for pickup there and not have it shipped.

If I have missed a geographical area or anything else, let me know. This GB will not extend drop zones any further south then south OC or further north then Ventura County. Also, there needs to be a minimum of two orders from an area or you will need to move your order over to the next closest drop for pickup. I would like to allow a week for ordering on this group buy.

Once we get all the areas covered with leadership and we all know that this can work we can start the GB. So, who's in and who wants to lead a drop zone?

Prices are as follows:

CYCLOP-EEZE
Freeze Dried 15 gram $7.99
Freeze Dried 30 gram $9.99
Freeze Dried 100 gram $28.99
Deep Frozen Slab $29.99 (This is approx 700 grams and IS NOT THE Freezer bar)

LIQUID LIFE USA
BioPlankton 30ml $15.99
BioPlankton 60ml $29.99
MarinePlankton 30ml $7.99
MarinePlankton 60ml $15.99
MarinePlankton 240ml $39.99

Maggie Muffler
Maggie Mini 1" $8.99
Maggie 1.25" (comes with adapter) $15.99
Maggie 1.5" $14.99

I'm happy to be the San Fernando Valley Coordinator. I'll host a BBQ for the pick up afternoon, maybe we can even get Ed to deliver and hang out over a couple of beers.

Dave B

SFV zone - o2manyfish (Dave)
AV zone - dodgerblew (Rik)

I'd like to give this a few days to be reviewed and zones covered. If we don't get it covered then this will be abandoned.

I live in Cypress and could do North Orange County, I have a large freezer in the garage as well. PM me for details? I lost most of my food in a crash I had do to a GFI outlet in the garage, but I have that fixed and a cleaned out refridge.

These are the zones so far that have coverage. We can either get more volunteers or we will just work with these pickup zones and if you want in on the buy you will just have to drive a bit farther. I will give it another 24 hrs and see what happens

SFV zone - o2manyfish (Dave) - located in Encino
AV zone - dodgerblew (Rik) - located in Palmdale
North OC zone - pciscott (Scott) - located in Cypress

Received pms from yesterday so responding here. I am leaving to Phoenix in 10 min and not back until tomorrow night.

We got very little response on zone leaders, 3 to be exact which is what we will go with if we go with this format. There will be a Cypress pickup, an Encino pickup and if enough Antelope Valley guys, a Palmdale pickup. If you want in then you will need to pickup in one of these 2 or 3 locations or we will just make one pickup location in Encino at o2manyfish with a bbq. TBD by Monday. We will start the ordering on Monday evening. I will update who has ordered what so far then. Have a good weekend folks!

Back