Deltec Skimmer Suggestions

Wow, this purchase has become very difficult!

Greg, thanks for your alternate suggestions.

Guys, I'm really having a hard time with this decision.

I should add that I want a skimmer that I don't need to mod to get it to work correctly or better.

Requirement recap:
1. Must be quiet.
2. Must be around $1,000
3. Must be in-sump model.
4. Must be energy efficient with low-pressure pumps used.
5. Must be approximately 16"L x 12"W x 31.5"H
6. Must not require that I mod it to get it work properly.

Just so you know, I PM'd Doug from Deltec about 5 days ago, asking for his professional advice on what model to buy and ask him about other details, but I still haven't heard back from him. I'm hearing that it's difficult to get a response from Deltec on issues. That concerns me for obvious reasons.

The Bubble Kings are probably great, but I don't feel comfortable with not being able to get much information about them and they are arguably stupid expensive. Their website is really wonky and even vendors like Premium Aquatics have pictures of different models then the one being sold on their purchase pages, so I feel like I don't know what I'm getting.

The ATI BM looks promising, but I keep reading that people think ATI is going out of business. That's not promising, even if it might be inaccurate.

It seems like every time I find a line that looks promising, I end up with 1 or 2 strong reasons not to buy it; and it's generally pretty easy for me to make a purchasing decision on stuff like this.

Any help is appreciated.

The ATBs look odd with the cone design.

It doesn't seem like many other makers use this. Does it really help?

Last edited:
Back