Desert Fox Paly

Fliger

Does anyone else other than Tiff have these? Or pix of theirs? I got one at the auction and they look nothing like the picture. They're certainly not ugly, but NOTHING like the picture. Here are some shots of mine. This is not a complaint thread, just wondering if these are the real deal, or if special lighting can bring them back?

IMG_6447.jpg

With flash

IMG_6449.jpg

What they're supposed to look like ... the skirt, ring and mouth look the same - just missing the speckles. I'm gonna put them under 250W Phoenix bulbs.

desertfox.jpg

HEY I have some.... one frag from frank and a bunch I got from the auction from TIFF. Mine dont have the speckels either! I wonder if its strees or moving that makes them loose it. It HAS to be that... since I have 2 frags from diffrent people doing the same thing. I have mine under a phoenix 14k and we will see if the come back. I will be interested to see if yours regain their spots.

I have three of them that I got from Tiff as well. Mine look like the first picture, but I think one of them is much bigger...then two smaller ones have branched off the large one. I have no idea what they are either.

Hmmmm .... I wonder if ANYONE has any with the speckles. I have a hard time believing they lost the speckles - I have several zoas of all different colors that keep the speckles, several generations old.

Mine are on the bottom of the tank right now, almost shaded and are growing really well but they are mostly green. When I give them more light, they get a lot more and more of the white/blue ring. If you blast them with light, they start to get the speckles, but I could never get them to look like that photo. I do get the stripes on the skirt which I think is cool.

I am not complaining either, I still like them! If I had a high spot that an SPS didn't need, I would give them more respect. :D

(L) Fox Paly (C) Armor of Angels (R) Purple Death Paly's

Check out my "got picture happy" thread I have a pic. of my desert fox and it looks the same as yours just more blue

Without knowing a ton about the paly's in question, could it just be that the lack of speckles is due to the ejection of zoanthelle upon the stress of moving? IE eventually they come back?

I was looking really close at mine today, and they have speckles on them...there aren't a lot of them...but they are defintely there.

Takinga a look at the first photo you posted, you can almost see some remnants of speckles. I had to look a few times as it was not obvious at first. I think you are all right, part due to the stress of moving and part due to needing to be blasted.

Back