Diablo DC pops & return line pressure

inktomi

Aviator
Hi -

I am wondering if anyone has feedback on using the Reef Octopus Diablo DC pumps as return pumps feeding reactors and that sort of stuff.

I've seen several places mention that they are not designed for any pressure in the return line - would needing inch returns into the tank when the pump has 1.25 inch return line sizing cause issues? There would also be some back pressure created to feed reactors etc..

I'm trying to decide between a Diablo or a RoyalExclusiv speedy 80w pump (which is pressure rated and has a 1 inch output).

Thanks!

Matt

Also - and sorry for the thread title (iPad!!) - does anyone know why the DC-10500 pumps were discontinued?

I use a Jebao DC-12000 (Exact same pump as the reef octopus, just different branding), and run a number of reactors off of it without any issues.

Interesting. I knew the cores were common amongst other brands as well. I had a 10500 which failed and was replaced under warranty (great customer service BTW!).

Alll the diablo dc pumps have been discontinued. Their new pump is the RODC and is white and red. Original diablo had the same motor blocks as the speedline wavline gen 1

Ya buddy had the power supply go out on his Diablo Dc pump, still under warranty but diablo isn't doing anything abt it cause they discontinued it. Does anyone know if the power supplies are the same?

Ya buddy had the power supply go out on his Diablo Dc pump, still under warranty but diablo isn't doing anything abt it cause they discontinued it. Does anyone know if the power supplies are the same?

Any properly rated power supply can be used.. They just use a generic off the shelf 24VDC power supply wired with circular connectors for the controller connection.. You can just buy a similar supply from any electronics supplier and splice in the wiring.

Back