did i mess up my aquascape?

hawk1

I had a 2 island style aquascape, but when i added a toadstool, i added a rock that connects the islands. Did i mess up the look?

before:
100_1567_zpsopo3yonn.jpg

after:
000_0010_zpsh8mwgfgg.jpg

With aquascapes all that matters is you like it and you have avoided any deadspots.

IMO however I liked the before shot. Its all up to you thou. Its your tanks and you'rethe one looking at it :)

Its all up to you but i would recommend one hill height 1 the other 2/3 the height of the first. It works best for me

I also prefer the before shot, but it's all a matter of taste.

Toadstools are generally pretty hardy and recover from being cut up. I remember reading a post where the person had a toadstool shading some of his zoas and he wanted to move it. The recommended solution was to simply cut the top part of the toadstool off, move it somewhere else, and the bottom half would simply regrow a new crown.

I like the two islands. I had a toad growing from one large rock and was crowding out other corals. I just cut it off at the base and used a tooth pick and rubberband to secure it to a small rock. it's just about impossible to kill toads. you can see it in the first pic, and then after I cut it. it can be a week or so for it to show it's polyps so be patient.

Attachments

• DSC_4639_0511_edited-1.jpg
    DSC_4639_0511_edited-1.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 0
With aquascapes all that matters is you like it and you have avoided any deadspots.

IMO however I liked the before shot. Its all up to you thou. Its your tanks and you'rethe one looking at it :)

What do you mean by "dead spots"?

BTW --- I liked the first picture more also....

Dave

And I'll be the dissenter. Yes, I like the "before" picture. I also like the "after" shot. My 120 started out looking almost empty. 2 1/2 years later, not only have the corals grown considerably, in order to maximize the available places to put frags, a couple rocks had to be added.

Back