Did someone bring a Aiptasia anemone?

LOL :)

An unscrupuless LFS used to sell "anenome rock" which was just a rock covered with aiptasia. That was quite some time ago and I am pretty sure that they are no longer in business :D

You know, I thought I saw that too at a glance, but I was too busy to check others around and I forgot until you mention this.

LOL!

Ooh, that's a nasty joke to play on someone!

I recently visited a customer's home and she had a "reef" tank. The tank was about 40 gallons and had a Sailfin tang, and about 7 other fish (the poor tang was just swimming laps in distress, apparently there was another tang in there too that she had to give away when it went crazy). The reef part consisted of reddish brown shrooms, GSP, and the most enormous aiptasias I have ever seen, covering every square inch of rock. Since she was a customer, I wanted to be nice and say how it looked nice, and I was thinking I could hook her up with some other low light frags, but I knew with those aiptasia, there would be no hope for adding anything else. I couldn't hold my tongue when she pointed out her Coral Banded Shrimp, and I said " maybe you can get some peppermint shrimp too, to take care of that aiptasia". She looked completely puzzled, and it was then that I understood that she liked the aiptasia. Oh well! So much for being nice....hopefully she didn't notice as I quickly derailed the conversation to something else.

I helped set up my little nephew with a 2 gallon hex and an aiptasia rock. He loved the little anemone, and named it Andy, after himself :)

He had a hermit crab and an emerald crab in there too and the whole thing sat by the kitchen window. All the critters got fed hamachi that the dad caught on fishing trips, hehe.

:D

yeah i'm pretty sure i saw an aiptasia at the swap. but like everyone else i didn't have time to let it sink in. but my first reef critter was an aiptasia that i should have killed. it's babies are still with me:mad:

Yea...my son picked it out.
I was debating what to do with it.
He likes it...*Shrug*

I think it might just "Vanish" one night.... :)

Oh so your son took it that piece. If he wants some more, LMK. I have a lot in the sump :D . Pretty white color ;)

I think you can see it on the right side of the pic I posted....:D

Maybe I'll make a 2.5 gal. nano tank for it..:D

Oh...
and to answer the original question, I didn't bring it, I just ended up with it. (I did a buy-in)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9228816#post9228816 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by CitS
Oh...
and to answer the original question, I didn't bring it, I just ended up with it. (I did a buy-in)
Hi
That's just not right you got stuck with it. You can have a frag or frags of something from my tank. I'm in San Fran. :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9228797#post9228797 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by CitS
I think you can see it on the right side of the pic I posted....:D

Maybe I'll make a 2.5 gal. nano tank for it..:D
You totally should do that. Especially since your son likes it!

Perfect bulletproof anemone setup for him.

I know my nephew loved watching his eat. He liked showing everybody his little friend. And he had all kinds of fun finding babies sprouting up all over the rock. He was pretty happy to see those :)

If something so simple can make your kid happy, why not?

:)

Of course, you should QT your frags.

I have seen aiptasia show up more than 2 weeks later on things I have picked up that I thought were aiptasia free.

They are very resilient creatures.

Best of luck,

Roy

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9228964#post9228964 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by nashorn
Hi
That's just not right you got stuck with it. You can have a frag or frags of something from my tank. I'm in San Fran. :)

I'll take free frags anytime :D

I'm trying to get a good selection to put into DBTC thread.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9230247#post9230247 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by racrumrine
Of course, you should QT your frags.

I have seen aiptasia show up more than 2 weeks later on things I have picked up that I thought were aiptasia free.

They are very resilient creatures.

Best of luck,

Roy

I dip and QT everything...no mater where is came from.
I've had some bad luck in the past, I've learned that lesson all to well.

THAT IS TOO FUNNY!!!! WHOEVER DID THAT SHOULD GET AN AWARD.... AND SOME ACRO EATING FLATWORMS :D...KARMA

Back