difference in new vortec ecosmart driver and old

new modes, actually allows mp10 to be synced together, farther wirless control between the controllers.

not much use if you have one mp10, you have 2 new modes but can't use it. If you have 2 mp10 ES, you can use the new modes, the ecosmart mode and the nutrient export mode (need 2 mp10es to run these modes)

I'd be interested to know what the "nutrient export" mode is. Their pumps, they can either go ffrom ull speed to slow. and alternate or sync. I know when I put both of my MP40's on high, it stirs up everything in the tank, so unless it's sub-routine in one of the other modes, I have trouble understanding how it would work. Thoughts?

I'm interested in knowing if anyone knows weather or not you can use these on the original (old) MP10s, or is this only able to be ulilized on new "wireless" MP10s? I only ask becasue the websites main page on these seems to imply that that they will be able to upgrade your old MP10s (and 40s) with this and suddenly they will become wireless.

AND...

If this is so...does anyone know if I will have to buy TWO of these controllers to power BOTH of my MP10s? Or will one surfice and make it possible to control the other? It seems that you would need a new driver for each old pump to make them wireless...and then you will be faced with the reality that you had to buy two drivers in order to simply use one driver to control two pumps...seems like a waste of time and money...

That's why I'm asking...I want to know more about how these work and I can't find it online.

thanks

I'm sure you have to have a new es driver for both to function correctly ( Communication between the two)

You have to have the mp10w ES, not just the ES driver for them to work together. For the mp40w's to be able to use the options of the new driver both have to be the ECO driver. But you still can use one gen2 and the ECO driver together, the gen2 wont have all the options available fo the ECO driver.

well...interestingly I DID manage to fine a little something. Apparently you CAN get all the features from an old MP10. You will need to buy the ES driver...and another thing...an RF module...? whatever that is. The ES driver will turn an old MP10 into an MP10 ES...and the RF driver will turn an old MP10 into an MP10W ES.

so...the next question is how much for all that and is it worth it?

Back