Different Background Paint

Oceangirl

Hello reefers,

I would like to paint the back of my aquarium but not with the usual spray paint such as Krylon Fusion or the peal and stick blue tint.

What I had in mind was the paint used by custom glass aquarium manufactures. I'm guessing its pool paint. Does anyone know if it is pool paint? or maybe some other type.

Thank you,
Mel

why do you want to make your life hard? does this other paint look so much better? since you would spray paint the back of the tank (not the inside) you dont have to use fusion, you can use any kind of spray paint you want. It looks really good, and you can razorblade it off later if you want.

Reason being is in the past I had some salt creep along the back pane of glass and it removed the sprayed on paint. It looks kind nasy.

Thats why I would like something more durable.

Mel

try using 5% window tint from wal-mart i have tried to paint with all kinds of paint. the best i found was tint sometimes you my find 2.5% tint then after tinting put the black side of the back ground paper over .looks great then dont about nothing hurting it.hope this is some help let me know. jamie

Back