Digital Aquatics Archon Owners Thread

i Just realized today that I totally forgot about my Archon... not that I don't constantly look at the webpage to monitor tank.. but the fact that I don't monitor the Archon anymore. It just works... it's been a 22 days since the last reboot and that was for an upgrade. I definitely had a few struggles to get here but I'm very happy with the device.

Why is it not considered shilling for elmexotics to post in this thread and not ID himself as working for DA?

because its not shilling. Shilling is pretending to be a hobbyist with the goal of pushing you product on people with false reviews or feedback . He is here helping people not trying to trick people. Its really simple and easy to understand.

The user agreement states:

2.1. COMMERCIAL RELATIONSHIPS: Any member that has any commercial connection to
a product or company, or a to a directly competing product or company, is requested to
clearly divulge that relationship when posting a comment about that product or company.

Good grief... I think everyone knows what shilling is, and all he's doing is providing support. Lord knows the Archon users need all the help they can get, so don't try and make it any harder for them!

Now if he was on a totally different thread talking about how great the Archon is, or chiming in on a controller question trying to steer people to the Archon without having something in his signature line identifying him... that's a different story. But it's not.

The user agreement states:

2.1. COMMERCIAL RELATIONSHIPS: Any member that has any commercial connection to
a product or company, or a to a directly competing product or company, is requested to
clearly divulge that relationship when posting a comment about that product or company.

here the section:
COMMERCIAL POSTING: Reef Central exists for the non-commercial exchange of information. Sponsors of this site are given banner space and/or a forum to promote their business in accordance with the sponsor agreement. All other posts or signatures that are deemed to be commercial in nature are a violation of this user agreement and will be removed. As it pertains to the User Agreement, Reef Central defines "œcommercial post" as knowing and willful posts made by private individuals or businesses, directly or indirectly seeking commerce. Additionally, posts made by individuals or businesses in regard to other commercial activities, in anticipation of direct or indirect economic benefit or relief from the subject activity, will generally be regarded as "œcommercial." Recognizing that it is impossible to construct a definition which will satisfy every situation or circumstance, Reef Central reserves the right to determine whether or not a post violates the "œintent" of the "œcommercial post" policy or definition. Violation of this policy will be grounds for removal from our community.

By putting commercial information in signature, as you wanted, is not allowed unless you are a sponsor.

What he is doing is offering support. This isnt the place to be even talking about this. If you have a problem with the mods their is a feedback section.

Seem insane that anyone would come here to cause problems with someone helper reefers. In fact bump a thread that the person hasnt even posted in months. :spin2:

I don't see where the line has been crossed. He isn't selling nor even trying. He has been helping other rc users with the product. Get off it Harry and move on. We get it, you don't like DA nor the Archon.

Since someone PMed me about this....

It appears elmexotics of DA is using this forum to provide support
without even as much as being a paying member of this forum.
While other vendors here do support this forum financially
(AKA they pay for the services of this site).

I would believe it would be common decency to at least become
a supporting member of this site (and the others they are on).

Additionally, DA still has not taken the steps to compensate some paying
CUSTOMERS who purchased in good faith products such as the SL2 that
have never functioned properly (me being one of them).

here the section:
COMMERCIAL POSTING: Reef Central exists for the non-commercial exchange of information. Sponsors of this site are given banner space and/or a forum to promote their business in accordance with the sponsor agreement. All other posts or signatures that are deemed to be commercial in nature are a violation of this user agreement and will be removed. As it pertains to the User Agreement, Reef Central defines "œcommercial post" as knowing and willful posts made by private individuals or businesses, directly or indirectly seeking commerce. Additionally, posts made by individuals or businesses in regard to other commercial activities, in anticipation of direct or indirect economic benefit or relief from the subject activity, will generally be regarded as "œcommercial." Recognizing that it is impossible to construct a definition which will satisfy every situation or circumstance, Reef Central reserves the right to determine whether or not a post violates the "œintent" of the "œcommercial post" policy or definition. Violation of this policy will be grounds for removal from our community.

By putting commercial information in signature, as you wanted, is not allowed unless you are a sponsor.

What he is doing is offering support. This isnt the place to be even talking about this. If you have a problem with the mods their is a feedback section.

Seem insane that anyone would come here to cause problems with someone helper reefers. In fact bump a thread that the person hasnt even posted in months. :spin2:

So by your own post you are showing that he is indeed "Commercially Posting"

Additionally, DA still has not taken the steps to compensate some paying
CUSTOMERS who purchased in good faith products such as the SL2 that
have never functioned properly (me being one of them).

You obviously have an issue with the company. There is no need to hijack the thread for your soapbox. Why don't you file a formal complaint with the admins and/or DA? This thread is to discuss the Archon. Can we PLEASE keep it to that?!

You obviously have an issue with the company. There is no need to hijack the thread for your soapbox. Why don't you file a formal complaint with the admins and/or DA? This thread is to discuss the Archon. Can we PLEASE keep it to that?!

Well said.
Get over it Harry. Move on.

Yes I do have an issue

But since thy do not return calls or e-mails I have to address this in public

And we ARE discussing the Archon as it is a DA product and DA is part of the equation.

Well said.
Get over it Harry. Move on.

If you bought a product in good faith and it did not work, and the company
was unwilling to refund your money or replace the item with a working model
would you"Just get over it" and let them have your money?

Back