Digital Aquatics Archon Owners Thread

I predicted this years ago. Kind of sad and kind of "I told you so, eh Danny?"

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I predicted this years ago. Kind of sad and kind of "I told you so, eh Danny?"

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I was hoping the Archon would change things. I still like the controller as it is. I have two of them so I have a backup if I have a main controller failure.

Phew. For now, its running in limp along mode but I have no access to the web interface (like it always does). Guess its time to start squirrelling money into a Neptune fund.

Thanks. I'm gonna try to mess with it tomorrow. The browser is saying the webpage is giving an invalid or unrecognized response. For some reason, the drive is write protected and my currentwireless, scanwireless, iplist, and port_2_1.csv are corrupted. I'll see if I can find another old, small USB stick at work that my archon will accept. Its picky and obnoxious - and has been since day 1.

What controller did you end up buying?

I like your shark lol! Mine's still just being an angry little dude but I think I've got a work around in place for the time being until I have a bit more time on my hands to deal with the situation (ie buy and set up something else). I just can't set up the wireless - it kicks me out of its own network after I do so and won't let me in from my network. I have an old tablet just kicking around so I'll just leave that connected to the faux network and have that as my aquarium controller until I get a fire check and some time. Worse comes to worse I'll buy a Neptune ATO module that since I'll need it anyway.

I stopped using mine and went back to the Reefkeeper Lite. Archon was unreliable and a PITA. The salinity and pH probes are worthless - maybe they all are.

Reefkeeper never fails and don't have to get onto the computer to use it.

What part was unreliable for you? Are you not using the exact same probe with the reefkeeper?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I still use mine. I also have a spare Archon and at least one spare of each module I use. Do you have one you are trying to use?

Yep, bought one a few years ago. Now that I am out of work for the foreseeable future I figure it is a good time to hook it up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back