Digital Aquatics Terrible Customer Service and No Warranty

kinkade

Beware of Digital Aqautics:

I bought the Reefkeeper Lite in late November and it had problems so I decided to upgrade to the Reefkeeper Elite rather than exchanging the RKL, which showed up defective..the clock didn't work on it so it is useless. I contacted customer service and they told me that they would send another one. It has been over a month and nothing so far and all of my calls to their sales and support numbers go straight to voice mail with no return calls. I have also sent emails with no replies so here I sit with a Reefkeeper Elite head unit in the box and can't get a hold of them to replace it. I have filed a Better Business Bureau complaint against them, which they have a C- rating because there are plenty of complaints about the same thing...terrible customer service and warranty support. If they don't respond to that, small claims court is next. I would not buy this product...go the Apex route, which is a little more expensive, but worth it from everything that I have read.

Do you guys still have the equipment, I am an electronics tinkerer and would love to open them up and see if I can figure out what is wrong the units.

I do. Will let you know as this thing unfolds. I may have to return it for a refund. I contacted my credit card company and submitted a dispute for defective equipment so we will see what happens.

I have heard so many people having issues with DA. One of my pc4's was stuck in overload state and they shipped me a new one within a week. Sorry your having issues with them

I have heard nothing but bad things about Digital Aquatics I do not see how they will be able to recover from their tarnished reputation. I was considering waiting for their Archon to be released, but I decided on Neptune instead.

I wish I saw this post before my order. I too received a faulty temp probe and PC4 brand new and emailed them. They said they would replace these items and ship them out. I have not heard from them in a week after asking fro shipping confirmation.

Their customer service is garbage and I will never deal with this company again.

I do. Will let you know as this thing unfolds. I may have to return it for a refund. I contacted my credit card company and submitted a dispute for defective equipment so we will see what happens.

I may do this too if they don't send the equipment. I spent $280 and can't even use their product!

It takes me around 10 days to get something from them once it is shipped. It has always been that way.

Back