Disabling photo transistors?

kangaroo

kangaroo

Here is a picture of the larger tubing installed.

Attachments

• modified pump.jpg
    modified pump.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 0
pump mod

pump mod

Here is the kangaroo pump modification; the pictures were taken with the pump in its free standing position (handle up), as you can see in the pictures a red jumper wire is soldered on the firmware chips legs (from the bottom right corner of the chip going right to left pin #6 and #12 are connected), thatââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢s the entire modification, it takes about five minutes total. I have had three pumps with this mod running for almost a year with no ill effects.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GEBC

Attachments

• kangaroo 324 drip sensor mod.jpg
    kangaroo 324 drip sensor mod.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 0
Greeneyedblackcat, Thanks for the great pics. I'm going to re-check my pump to look for the chip and pins. Hopfully it uses the same chip.

By the way, where do you purchase your replacement tubing? Also, why do you modify it?

The kangaroo pump puts out 300ml per hour with the standard tubing, with the 3/16" tubing you can get 900ml per hour, the larger tubing not only triples the volume it also can pump at a higher psi and lasts longer, I get my peristaltic tubing from justin at DIYreef.com, thier price is unbeatable (56cents per foot)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GEBC

I've added pictures of my dosing pump on my website. Its easier this way without bulletin board attachment size limits.

http://jean.yen.tripod.com/id60.htm

Greeneyedblackcat,
As you can see, my firmware chip is different than the one found in your Kangaroo pump. How did you find out which legs are necessary to short out to complete the mod? Basically, what should I do to make my work.... ;) Thanks again!

Last edited:
pump

pump

Ermin, I got this mod from a friend, on the kangaroo 324 you can trace the trail on the board from the photo transistors to the firmware chip, I have heard of people having success disabling photo transistors on compat pumps by replacing them with blinking ledââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢s. It may be worth a try, ledââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢s are cheap.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GEBC

Greeneyedblackcat,
Thanks for the info. I'm going out of town this weekend. I'll continue the search next week.

greeneyedblackcat,
I just got a used Kangaroo 330 pump and am going to try to disable the drip alarm, thanks for the info. One general question about the Kangaroos...is the turning roller suppose to make a clicking noise as it operates? I had to fix a defective power cord already and want to make sure that the clicking noise is normal, otherwise it's going right back. Thanks for your help.
Greg

gmh320 said:
greeneyedblackcat,
I just got a used Kangaroo 330 pump and am going to try to disable the drip alarm, thanks for the info. One general question about the Kangaroos...is the turning roller suppose to make a clicking noise as it operates? I had to fix a defective power cord already and want to make sure that the clicking noise is normal, otherwise it's going right back. Thanks for your help.
Greg

I too just bought a K-330 (should arrive mid-week), so when you figure out how to disable the drip sensor, could you possibly drop me a PM to let me know how it's done..? :)

Also, as mentioned by someone that's using a Nilson reactor *(which is what I'll be doing), couldn't the dosing pump be used just to draw the RO water and push it the rest of the way through the system..? This is what I was hoping to be able to do, so everything would always remain clean and not need to be replaced.

Greeneyedbackcat! A milion thank yous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just completed the modification and I have total success!!! It did take me all of about 5 minutes. I just needed to know which ones to connect!

Thanks again,
Connie

tgreene,
I was going to do the same thing, but figure that I don't need an alarm. I'll let you know how it goes.

greeneyedblackcat,
The modification to disable the alarm worked like a charm, there would be no way I would have figured out which terminals to jump by myself, thanks for the great info.
Greg

gmh320 said:
greeneyedblackcat,
The modification to disable the alarm worked like a charm, there would be no way I would have figured out which terminals to jump by myself, thanks for the great info.
Greg

Any chance of posting a pic of the guts of your K330..? I tried everything, and mine will not disable! :(

Well, I guess I was wrong. I thought I had the alarm disabled but it's not. Any one know which terninals to jump in a Kangaroo 330?

Back