Diving for rock/sand 11/4/16

liverock

RC Sponsor
Was an amazing day for November diving yesterday....top to bottom visibility, I could see the fish on the bottom from the boat....only happens 3-4 times a year.

Started early as usual

amazing day...flat like a mirror...

Heading out....fast...

Real live sand...from the bottom of the Gulf makes all the difference in your tank...

and the goods!

stocked to the gills...ready for your tank!

Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com

Richard, does the quality start to fall off when water temperatures drop? I'm struggling to get my tank running and I'm getting nervous about losing biodiversity as winter ramps up. Thanks for the info!

Oh, and glad you had such nice conditions! I guide in the Gulf over on the TX coast and I'd love to have conditions like that all the time!

Richard, does the quality start to fall off when water temperatures drop? I'm struggling to get my tank running and I'm getting nervous about losing biodiversity as winter ramps up. Thanks for the info!

Not at all....in fact macros that disappear in the dead of winter....will grow back when put in tanks with good lighting...and everything else on the rock is happy 24/375. The Gulf is a special environment as I have seen the water temp as high as 93 before.....and back when we had the big freeze years ago...49....

So the rock is a real survivor of conditions...that very greatly...

Sea ya
Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com

Oh, and glad you had such nice conditions! I guide in the Gulf over on the TX coast and I'd love to have conditions like that all the time!

OK...lets go fishing...I almost went to Venice this weekend with my nephews....for some yellowfin...they made It , I didn't:mad:

The are on a 42 Freeman...out about 100 miles on the rigs...he better bring me some tuna steaks lol:rollface:

OK...lets go fishing...I almost went to Venice this weekend with my nephews....for some yellowfin...they made It , I didn't:mad:

The are on a 42 Freeman...out about 100 miles on the rigs...he better bring me some tuna steaks lol:rollface:

It's always a good idea to head to Venice! I fished from a 42 Freeman last time I went, it was amazing and the YFT fishing was hot. Think of all the rock/sand you could carry, and all the time you would save at 50 knots! :uzi:

Freemans are SICK!

My nephew has a 37 with quad yammys 350's on it.....runs almost 75mph...in four foot seas, Billy freeman makes an AWESOME boat. They filled the boat yesterday, and are going again today, fished behind the shrimp boats, and the YFT were every where.....:bounce2:

Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com

I am surprised that you use the blue Lowes 5 gallon buckets, they are cheap and break easily the white buckets at Lowes are much better.

I am surprised that you use the blue Lowes 5 gallon buckets, they are cheap and break easily the white buckets at Lowes are much better.

Yup...you would think...but the opposite is true...the white ones fall apart in the sun.....the blue ones last much longer!

Back