DIY Culture Station

Illusion

I was building your DIY phyto culture station and wanted to point out a few flaws.. First off the entire station with the parts you listed needs 125" of 1" pvc which is a bit more than 10' so if one were to buy off that list they would be a few inches short as I did.. Lucky I still had a few feet left over from another project.. Also on the side legs in order to mount T to T you need a small piece inbetween them... I cut 2 extra 3" pieces for this...

I would change the parts needed list to 11' of 1" pvc and 16x 3" sections then people you just go off your list as I did wont get stuck with another trip to the hardware store to get more Materials..

James

James,

First, I apologize for 'shorting' the material list and causing anyone an additional trip for supplies. I'm really not sure how this made it past the edit process and two years of review before someone noticed. Maybe someone did notice, but didn't bother to tell anyone.

To correct the problem I see two alternatives.

1) As you stated, increase the needed length to 11', increase the 3" sections to a count of sixteen and add the two 3" pieces for the T to T connection.

or

2) Reduce the 4 x 6" pieces to 4 x 4" and 2 x 2". Use the 4 x 4" as the 'legs' and the 2 x 2" pieces for the T to T connection. This will keep the overall length at 10'.

Again, my apologies to anyone that may have been inconvenienced by the error in the material list.

Thanks James for pointing out the 'short' comings in the material list.

Dwayne

It didnt bother me.. I had the extra stuff around... I was just pointing it out just in case someone else decided they wanted too and picked up the materials and had to make an Extra trip... I have plenty of spare PVC laying around here LOL...

James

Back