4) Whole bag of mussels
5) 5 large shrimp
6) 12 cubes of brine shrimp
7) 12 cubes of mysis shrimp
8) 1 sheet of purple veggies nori
9) Generous amount of flake food
10) Generous amount of kent zoe for vitamins
11) Couple cap fulls of kent garlic extreme

I chop everything up, and mix well together. Soak the nori in RO water before you chop it up. Then I fill ice cube trays that I have just for fish food (or wife would kill me if I used our ice ones, lol). Once frozen, I cut the cubes into daily size cubes and put them into containers where they remain in the freezer until I use them. I feed once a day, and the above recipe lasts me almost 3 months. Total cost is MAYBE $30.

I put my mush in a gallon ziplock bag with a piece of eggcrate inside. Spread the mush around with hands or a rolling pin to force it into the holes, then freeze on a piece of cardboard. Popping out equal portions from then on is very easy (just do it from the fat side, eggcrate is tapered).

I put my mush in a gallon ziplock bag with a piece of eggcrate inside. Spread the mush around with hands or a rolling pin to force it into the holes, then freeze on a piece of cardboard. Popping out equal portions from then on is very easy (just do it from the fat side, eggcrate is tapered).

That's a great idea, never though of that. I'll be sure to use this for my next batch.

:beer:

Back