DIY fridge chiller

if you susspend the fridge with magnets the physic no longer apply lol

ppl are smart remember that

BTU OUT HAS TO BE BIGGER THEN BTU IN!
why are you guys fighting this

i guess i should go back and argue taht 1 +1 = 19

now for a small system it can work ( under 20 gallons) any thing larger then that no

and yes you could cool 1000 gallons of water witha dorm fridge if there is NO HEAT INPUT AND PERFECT INSULATION but guess what
that isnt out tanks
1 watt is = to 3.41 ( i think) BTU's
therefor a 100 watt pump makes 341 BTU's and hour
alot of that is lose to evap and 'heat shed to the room' so lets assume only 200 of those btu;s stay in the tank... still out of range for most freezers lol

Wow, some response. The tank that needs the chiller is 24 gal. So potentially it could work(I gather). Although some sort of geothermal sounds more interesting. Buying a chiller is more realistic. Thanks for the info!

Very simply just having a coil of tupeing in a refreg is very ineffective, if you look at any heat exchanger the tupeing has conductive fins attached to it to spread the heat or cold to more surface area, just look at your car radiator, it is not just some tupes in front of your car, the tupes have fins attached to the tupes all around to dissipate the heat over a larger surface area. Sorry abut the tubing miss spell. Spell check could not find it!

Back