diy liverock

FavaBean

I am just looking for info on how to make live rock and see if anyone has suggestions.... any links would be helpful thank you....

diy rock

diy rock

A quick intro at GARf.ORG, but really its all over the web. There are some good vidies on you tube.

Bigffish

Garf is good, but there are allot of really good write ups on here too.

BTW. The wife and I used to live in Abilene too. Thats a place you don't hear very often. lol

Most of my rock is DIY. Made a lot of hollow rocks for fish to swim thru. Used Caribsea sand, crushed coral, and concrete. Filled the cavity with dry sand as I made them. Poked them with a screwdriver to make a bunch of holes in them. Once the rock was dry, just poured out the sand. I made a few rocks every day till I ran out of sand and crushed coral. Made about 100# of it. Cured it in a trash can. Added some vinegar to help get the ph down. If I did it again I would add a little extra concrete.

scott473.... yeah abilene is a hush hush type of town.... lol.... I think it is a good town... alot of people do not think so but o well...

thanks everyone for your help....

diy rock

diy rock

Some good videos up on you tube! I am currently making some with the following mix:

3 parts agragate i.e. crucshed oyster shells, carib sea seafloor- aruba shell etc...

1 Part type ll white portland

mixed to a point of being able make ball with it and then just a hair wetter.
I have been pretty happy with it so far. Bigffish

Back