diy spraybar for Ca reactor

geo*SanAnto

has anyone done a spray bar for their calcium reactor?Any type im thinking of doing this to mine.Im just wondering if worth it.TIA

a calcium reactor doesn't have enough out flow to use a spray bar, or are you talking about a spray bar inside the reaction chamber, either way i dont see the usefullness of a spray bar.

I've seen those, IMO it's just another gadget for most company's to make a extra buck off the buyer.
if you have your CO2 enter just before your pump the impeller chops it into fine microbubbles which gives you even distrbution, i really don't see a benifit of a spraybar.
after all your probably recirculating the main chamber a few hundred times anyway before you even get to the second chamber. if it's not totally mixed after the first couple passes then there is something wrong with your reactor. let alone a few hundred passes.

thanks for the responses.I was looking for something to make my reactor more effecient. when the media gets used to about 1/3 its total amount the reactor doesnt work the same.I have to readjust constantly.Maybe Ill just fill the reactor again.

thats the first sign that the media is getting used up and needs changing, is when your constantly readjusting the bubble count and drip rate after the initial setup and break in period, also when you lose about a third of your media it's time to change the media.

when i add new media i wait a couple weeks for it to settle then put a line on the reactor when the top of the media is and when it drops a third or more thats when i change it.

you probably waited to long to change the media and thats why you think it's not effecient anymore, add new media and you should see a great improvement.

Oh,scrating his head.I thought i was supposed to use all or at least half.Okay so Ill be switching it out my media.thanks twice Senor Comatose.

Back