Do clownfish sleep?

bmackcw

I got two False Perculas last week from an online site. They're great, and happy - but I've never seen them hide of sleep. All the others seem to know when the lights go out, it's time for bed - except these two. I see them at all hours, always with each other.

There's plenty of hiding spaces. Thoughts?

What site did you use? And was it worth paying shipping? I have a snowflake clown. I love him. Such a nice guy. And when lights are out he goes up and swims sideways by my powerhead.

good to hear. I used saltwaterfish.com. Good specials and give free shipping for a lot of them (get a $50 pack of random frags - a couple will be good, and then you get free shipping on all the other stuff.

Mine sleep on an elagance coral they hosted. I saw one "fall off the bed" once... very funny :)

-droog

I don't think mine sleep either, they hang out by the return all night. Somethings i see them swimming or resting straight up and down but it's never for very long.

They are goofy though and are in great health. I'd like to get something for them to host so they can set up shop and have a home.

I got two False Perculas last week from an online site. They're great, and happy - but I've never seen them hide of sleep. All the others seem to know when the lights go out, it's time for bed - except these two. I see them at all hours, always with each other.

There's plenty of hiding spaces. Thoughts?

They do sleep, when/if they can. Mine just lies down on its side on the sand.

Mine sleep. The tend to sleep somewhat on their side near the top of the tank...Kind of like riding the waves...Apparently, it's common for clowns to sleep in this way!

Clownfish are very weird and will not usually hide when they sleep. Like everyone is saying, I wouldn't worry about them at all!

Sneaking up and netting my tomato clown when it was asleep was the only way I could catch it to remove it from my tank.

Mine find the bottom of the tank in the corner and just cuddle. One of em is always on top of the other to keep themselves from floating around.

Mine do. They usually hide next to my overflow or the lay in the sand. One morning before lights on, they were so motionless I thought they both died.

Back