Do I understand correctly?

Charfish

Hey folks...currently building a fishroom to support in-wall 180. Am pre-planning for eventual system setup and want to see if I'm thinking about this the right way.
Have been keeping freshwater since '77 and saltwater since '86...been out a few years to get married and breed some kids.
Here's how I am seeing this: LPS slightly more forgiving than SPS, water and lighting are slightly less critical. LPS and SPS will chemically fight with eachother so a mixed tank to be done carefully. Conspecifics will not harm one-another. I am thinking an LPS dominant tank with medium fish bioload. Already know I will go LED route but have some time so technology and pricing will only improve.

username in use

Sciencing Daily
For the most part you have the basic idea. The bigger issue with LPS/SPS in close proximity is them actually stinging each other, not chemically, but physically.

SnowManSnow

LPS more forgiving: Correct
Water and lighting less critical: Well, the better your quality the better
LPS and SPS will fight: Just don't allow them to touch and you'll be fine
Conspecifics won't harm each other: Right
Technology and pricing will improve: Hopefully

IN the meantime, if you've been out for a while and aren't aware, you may consider T5.

Good luck:)

Charfish

LPS more forgiving: Correct
Water and lighting less critical: Well, the better your quality the better
LPS and SPS will fight: Just don't allow them to touch and you'll be fine
Conspecifics won't harm each other: Right
Technology and pricing will improve: Hopefully

IN the meantime, if you've been out for a while and aren't aware, you may consider T5.

Good luck:)

SnowManSnow... have been reading everyone's opinions on lighting and the ongoing bulb replacement just doesn't fall into the fun part of fishkeeping for me. I think lighting will be ever-evolving and will certainly re-visit this before the time comes...I certainly have some things ruled-out...

All... I have had corals in the past and am familiar with sweeper tentacles... Are these going to be species-specific or more common with LPS or SPS? Do these need to be considered with every purchase and are there corals without the sweepers and corals to avoid?