Do people have big colonies of High End Corals like Red Hornets, Pokerstar Montipora,

that Fish Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
I was just wondering if anybody had Large Colonies of any High End Designer Corals?

I only ever see small frags so I am assuming that people Frag them up right away to sell them for profit and do not grow them out into big nice show colonies?

Is this true or am I wrong.

I just never see anything bigger than a Frag of say

Red Hornet Zoanthids
Pokerstar Montipora
Any Hot Chalice (All the Frags are very small and they go for upwards of 1,000 dollars).
etc.

Anybody have any pics of designer colonies?

I would love to see them since I only ever see tiny frags of them in person.

I love big colonies too, and am tired of seeing booger sized chalices in every pic. I don't think I've ever seen a My Miami chalice that has more than 5 eyes. My chalices aren't huge names, but I do have a Mango Sherbet that is as big as a dinner plate, and a Miami Hurricane that ran out of room, was growing up the glass. I'm the exemption, I don't really frag that much.

Lot's of people maintain large colonies...rare ones included. You just need to filter through all the newby threads with pictures of tanks littered with frag plugs and 1" LE's..

I have some large "named" zoanthid colonies...a few are over 6" and have hundreds of polyps that literally blanket every free spot of the LR.

whammin watermelon (100+)
eagle eyes (100+)
fire and ice (around 75)
green ninja stars (75+)
radioactive dragon eyes (100+)
armor of gods (50+)

All shown in this video I made a few days ago, make sure to bump up the quality to HD =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhjvhrQUtjc

I have a couple 5" chalice.
And a 10" rock covered in designer zoos, but I have been fragging it out to pay for my new tank.
A couple of my softball sized LE sps pieces were broken in the move a couple months ago. Which sucks.

Red hornets and pokerstar monti sounds like commons in Cali.
f.jpg
d.jpg

Back