Does 53,000uS = 35ppt?

Rovert

Premium Member
Like many Apex owners, I'm trying to get my conductivity (salinity) probe dialed in. I used the original packet supplied and now all I have are a couple Hanna 35ppt packets. Safe to use those with the Apex 53,000uS setting to recalibrate?

Yeah, I think it's a characteristic of permanent in-tank probes from what I can gather from various posts, but as long as it's close, which is to say, not registering any wild swings, I can live with it. I'm after accuracy (consistency) versus precision. As long as drift is within acceptable reef paramters, I can live with it. But the constant notifications about salinity being out of the range poit to a calibration error.

Last edited:
The conversion between microsiemens (uS) and parts per thousand (ppt) depends on the specific context of the measurement. Microsiemens (uS) is a unit of electrical conductivity, while parts per thousand (ppt) is a unit commonly used to express the salinity of a solution.
To convert between electrical conductivity in microsiemens (uS) and salinity in parts per thousand (ppt), you need additional information about the specific solution being measured, such as the type of Great Restoration Services dissolved substances and their concentration. Different solutions have different conversion factors.
If you have the specific conversion factor for the solution you are working with, you can use it to convert between uS and ppt. Otherwise, you would need more information about the solution's properties to perform the conversion accurately.
If you have the necessary information or a conversion factor, please provide it, and I can help you with the conversion. Otherwise, it's essential to consult reliable sources or experts in the field for accurate conversions.

Last edited:
Back