does a Dual water pump exist ?

Hifiguy

Premium Member
OK so what I am looking for is a pump that can be placed inline with 2 inputs and 2 outputs so that it pumps the same amount of water throught both lines. This way i can circulate between 2 aquariums and not worry about either overflowing.

Im doing some planning/ dreaming.

Anyone know of the existance of such a pump??

Thanks
Shaun

i dont know of any like that, but there could be i guess...but i'm just goin out on a limb here, so if this wont work, then someone please say so....

but could it be possible to get a regular pum with just one intake and one output and have the intake split, and then the output split?

i would think the problem there would be if one of the sides had more resistance than the other then the flow would be uneven. That would probably only work if the lines were exactly alike

Shaun

humm intresting though there Van

I would need to see if anyone makes a flow rate meter to make sure they were running at the same flow rate. This is an intresting idea and makes it much easier as i already have a pump to play with. it means i may even be able to play with this now instead of waiting for a new job that makes me happy :)

Thanks

Shaun

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8075023#post8075023 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pyrrhus
there is no need to have the same exact flow rate. one pump should work just fine.

Agreed. If your overflow can handle it, you shouldn't have any problems.

But if you really want to be more exacting, just pump into two five gallon buckets and adjust until they fill up at the same time. Might be time consuming but won't be hard to do.

im guessing you have two sumps? if you do then run a pipe at the bottom connecting both sumps this will insure both sumps will have the same water level. Then from any one sump add you pump and spilt the output for both your tanks

Or just connect the pump to both sumps and return to both tanks, it will work just fine. At work we have over 40 tanks and 3 sumps being run by one pump with no issues.

Back