Does anyone have experience with PowerBrite LED lighting system

Boomstick

I have a 55G Soft coral / fish and currently only have 2 coral life 96W 50/50 quads

So i was wondering if anyone has experience with the Current USA PowerBrite LED system. i would love to replace the 2 96W with 4 of these guys but the website doesn't really talk about depth penetration, dispersion as it is a point source, or bulb life in terms of light quality.

it does say 50,000 hrs life what what is the usable light output life etc.

has anyone tried these and can offer some advice?

Current USA PowerBrite website

I saw a few of these over a frag tank at a store in San Diego. Looked really cool and the colors on the LPS looked great. Can't really comment on growth or anything. It was probably 4 or 6 strips over a maybe 24" tank though. Doesn't really seem like a much cheaper option at what those are going for.
I think from their advertisement it sounds like an ad-on to go with flourescents to get the shimmer lines from point source light like MH's.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12208061#post12208061 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by coolfish5
I saw a few of these over a frag tank at a store in San Diego. Looked really cool and the colors on the LPS looked great. Can't really comment on growth or anything. It was probably 4 or 6 strips over a maybe 24" tank though. Doesn't really seem like a much cheaper option at what those are going for.
I think from their advertisement it sounds like an ad-on to go with flourescents to get the shimmer lines from point source light like MH's.

Great feedback Coolfish5, was the light pretty disperse in the 24" tank or was it more "columnular" (not really a word but you get the idea).

From a cost stand point, i am spending $80+ every 6 months or so on new bulbs so @ 50,000 hrs (assuming no loss in quality) for the LED's it would make sense.
50,000 hrs = 2083 days = 5.7 years. Now being a realist it will never hit the 50,000hr mark but may still make sense even with 4/6 units, plus the energy savings over the other things.

Just throwing these things out and please feel free to tell me why i am totally wrong!

Last edited:
Back