Does anyone make there own food?

tompdesc

I'm thinking about making my own food for the rock flower anenome I picked up at the coral reef yesterday. So far I'm thinking a mix of mussels, clams, squid stuff like that. I'm wondering if anyone makes there own and has a good recipe? Also want to know if it would be good to feed any meat eating lps I target feed sometimes?

I dont know if its good, but I do fresh salmon, fresh shrimp and scallops, canned oysters (just osters and water), nori, cyclopeeze, and sometimes a little garlic. The fish love it and I the corals eat it-

I dont know if its good, but I do fresh salmon, fresh shrimp and scallops, canned oysters (just osters and water), nori, cyclopeeze, and sometimes a little garlic. The fish love it and I the corals eat it-

If it's canned.... it has preservatives. I wouldn't feed anything but fresh and not farm raised.

scallops, shrimp, squid, cod, flounder, fresh garlic, vitamin c, nori or some sort of spirulina flake, and a small amount of salmon.

The salmon helps not only with nutrition but it also with the consistency of the food.

I freeze my food in ice cube trays. I have a mini, small, and a regular size ice cube. After they are frozen, I put them in ziplock freezer bags and store in the freezer for a few months. I use the different size ice cubes to feed 1, 2, or all my tanks, but it's not necessary to have multiple sizes.

less squid, salmon, and shrimp.

I usually only buy 1 piece of each type of fish, a couple scallops and a couple shrimp. a little makes a lot of fish food.

Like those above, I mix a little bit of a bunch of foods, scallops, shrimp, clams, solid piece of a finned fish (flounder, swordfish, salmon, etc), cyclopeeze, sometimes garlic, some oyster feast or reef chili, maybe a bit of Rods, Selcon. I cut some of the fish into small pieces for the larger fish, and use the food processor to mince up the rest for smaller mouths and the LPS.

I drop by small blops onto a cookie sheet, freeze and then scoop into a bag and keep in the freezer. Works great and the fish and corals love it.

I make my own as well & feed the tank every other day plus flakes for the fish the days between...been working good

Just an Fyi marcgrantphoto- doubled checked the canned oysters- no preservatives which i why i use them.

Back