Does anyone use Polario wavemakers?

AmazingMrFlame

So i went with the polario 10ml wavemaker to sit in the centre of my new tank. The damn thing sounds like it's about to take off when it's on the highest setting. Does anyone run one of these? And if so, do i need to get used to this noise, or swap it? I don't think i can live with this for 15 seconds every minute.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 0
They have been around for a long time (says google.. 2009 or older).. but are not very popular... in the US anyways..
I too have never heard of that brand before..

I used them (two of'em) for a number of years and uses. Good pumps, great alternating flow. Keep up with the maintenance and they should last a few years for you easy. They can be a bit noisy on the highest setting. Let it break in, and/ or use a timer to only run it when you're away.
Cheers
Ray

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I used them (two of'em) for a number of years and uses. Good pumps, great alternating flow. Keep up with the maintenance and they should last a few years for you easy. They can be a bit noisy on the highest setting. Let it break in, and/ or use a timer to only run it when you're away.
Cheers
Ray

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I was thinking about a timer. The only problem with that is i have about 3000lph from the return, and 4000lph from powerheads. In a 400 litre tank i wanted a constant 20x turn over minimum. However, im pretty sure the tank will be ok having just 19x for about 6 hours a day.

Back