Does humidity have an effect on clownfish breeding?

Lou Young

I just bought a dehumidifier for my basement and was wondering if humidity had any effect on clownfish breeding? Is there an ideal humidity level for a fish room/area?
Thanks Lou.

_shorty_

I'd say 100% works best.. ;p

I have no idea, but wouldn't think air humidity would matter much ... It would only affect the rate of evaporation.

JustinGr

Clown Pimp
A Dehumidifier can have an effect on the clowns. It sucks water out of the air, and thus your tank, and your salinity will increase, and stability is key! Use an ATO and expect to add water to the hold container daily.

MM WI

I am sorry I had to chuckle a little on this question. Short answer with no punch line is no it will not hurt your fish.

- mark :)

pjwperth

I am sorry I had to chuckle a little on this question. Short answer with no punch line is no it will not hurt your fish.

- mark :)

He wasn't asking if it would hurt the fish but rather hurt the chances of them breeding:headwallblue:

MM WI

seriously folks, your fish are in an aquarium full of water. They will never know what the rooms humidity is. To them it is always 100%. :hmm5:

JustinGr

Clown Pimp
The point we need to consider is that a dehumidifier will remove water from the tank, this will increase the salinity, and bounces in salinity and temp, as we all know, will affect breeding.
Do the fish feel a humidity difference, of course not, but the device use can cause side effects that are detrimental to breeding.