Does this sound fair?

Yes I would use buckets that should be fine just dont put any rock in with fish or corals and you will be good.

$400 sounds like you are making a good sale for yourself. You have some nice corals, but most of that stuff can be bought little by little for less if the guy had some patience. If he was willing to give me $400 for it all, I'd def take it.

I just sold my 37 to a local guy. All the rock and some of my least favorite lps. It's a shame he didn't realize the deal I was giving him but oh well, if he gets into it he'll see.
Everything went well and I tried to educate him as much as I could and gave him my number to call me with any questions. Deff refer him to the stickies on here. I think 400 fair price, as you can't expect to make more then a half of your money back. See the other 800 as the price of enjoyment you got from your tank, that helps me out when i sell things for cheap :), hope everything went well.

well i told him about the moving process and we decided it would be better to wait till tomorrow at noon.....i have a feeling he has no idea what hes in for....i will def refer him to RC and tell him i can answer any questions he has in the future.....should i go thru every piece of algea and pest in the tank and explain what they are? i have a few planaria that i suck out with waterchanges,theres also 2-3 aiptasias......and for algea i have a few bubbles on a rock and a patch of green hair on my powerheads.....and a quarter size colony of hydroids................lol its sounds so bad when i list it:sad2:

I would give him a very detailed list of every piece of equipment and livestock in the tank. That way he will know exactly what he's got and if he needs help, he'll know what to ask about. Tell him what the fish are eating and how to feed anything else in the tank that needs anything special.

I know you can't hold his hand the entire time, but does he know even the basics such as topping off with freshwater and how to do water changes? Does he know where to get good freshwater an salt?

Definitely tell him if he wants things to be easier starting out, he should come on here and do some reading.

most peoplewho shop on those sites are always looking for deals and a lot of times when we reefers sell our things we know the value but the buyers do not. I think you made out better then most with your sale.

thanks for all your help guys......i pretty much have this tank on autopilot....i told him all he needs to do is a 3-5 gal waterchange once a week and feed a pinch of flake/pellet food once every day or two.....ill def tell him about the lfs that has rodi water near his house, and explain the fresh for top off,also sand in the magfloat is a no no....ill tell about the bulbs when they need changed....priming the skimmer,banging on the aqueon pump to get it restarted......thats the basics i guess....hopefully itll be easier than starting a tank new for him....

8.jpgi will miss you medusa

I always have a hard time giving away/selling livestock. I enjoy all my fish/critters so much I don't think I'd be happy or even ok with having to sell. That's a really nice nem you have, I hope it's new owner appreciates it as much as you do! Good luck with the sale.

i cant believe i like it so much....its like a dog in my eyes....i will be checking in with her frequently

Back