Don't support Chinese knockoffs of reef equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
James, unfortunately you are correct about 30-40 years down the road. China is taking over, we are stuck. However American companies cant mark up their products 500% and expect us to pay for that mark up when other companies offer similar products for 500% less be it China or any other company, country, etc. They can only get away with it for only so long...

and impeller :)

ask Roger about plastic :)

your Issue is that you get things on here too personal. this was not about a particular company until you started posting :) !

I said GERMAN, that includes BMW and tunze, and ecotech and alot more companies that are from the country in Europe called GERMANY.

next.

I get nothing too personal....maybe it is the way you are perceiving things? I see the same reaction from you with many other posts. You yourself come across as being a bit on the hostile side, then you get all perturbed when someone does the same to you.

The thread is about Chinese knockoffs of reef equipment on a reef forum. Of your original post...I had simply asked "what german stuff", and that if you were referring to Tunze it is incorrect. Tunze sources their impellers and power supplies from China, they manufacture the pumps there in Germany.

Of your original question about those companies that do have there stuff made in China, that is your call. Personally, I will try to support stuff made in my country as much as possible. It is near impossible now since we have dug ourselves into this hole, which is also a vicous circle. The more we demand cheap stuff, the more jobs are lost and manufacturing sent to China, which cause more job and pay loss, which makes us even more frugal.....on and on.

I believe that if American or European companies want to compete with China they should lower the prices and stop advertise innovation to products that are the same for the last twenty years.And although some of them proudly declare made in Europe or made in the USA i am not sure that they re fair to all their components and the raw material.When ever this happens their cost witch is lower does not come lower to us.Personally i would prefer to buy twenty jabaos with free shipping than one vortech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back