Door Switches

Goldndoodle

I wired a couple of NO magnetic door switches to the doors of my stand like this -

BOB Gnd -> Switch 1 COM
Switch 1 NO -> Switch 2 COM
Switch 2 NO -> BOB Sw1

I then programmed the Stand Light Outlet to include -

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Sw1 OPEN Then On

If either door is opened - I can see in the APEX Dashboard that the switch is open.

But sometimes the light is not coming on, or it takes it a couple of minutes for the light to come on. I guess I was hoping this would act more like a refrigerator and be instant on.

Am I missing something here? Is my setup wrong? Program wrong?

The under stand work lights were on EB8 Outlet 8 (relayed outlet).

I had an open outlet at EB8-5 so I switched the plug to that outlet, and programmed the outlet for the StandLight - including the "If Sw1 OPEN Then ON" command, and it works now.

So now, my question is this - are there certain things relayed outlets should not be used for?

I was trying to set up the Feed Cycle Button B to use to ramp the lights up at night, after lights out - for occasions when friends are over and want to see the setup after normal lights out time. My 3 LED drivers are connected to an EB4. I can not get the outlets to turn on when the B Button is pushed - I have setup a "ButtonB" Virtual Outlet - that will trigger to ON when B Button is pushed, but the EB4 outlets won't come on with the command

If Outlet ButtonB = ON Then ON

Nor would they turn on with this command -

If FEEDB 010 Then ON

Are the relayed outlets the problem here?

Do I need to upgrade the EB4 to an EB8? Or swap plugs around between the current EB8 & EB4 so the LED Drivers are not on relayed outlets?

The under stand work lights were on EB8 Outlet 8 (relayed outlet).

I had an open outlet at EB8-5 so I switched the plug to that outlet, and programmed the outlet for the StandLight - including the "If Sw1 OPEN Then ON" command, and it works now.

So now, my question is this - are there certain things relayed outlets should not be used for?

I was trying to set up the Feed Cycle Button B to use to ramp the lights up at night, after lights out - for occasions when friends are over and want to see the setup after normal lights out time. My 3 LED drivers are connected to an EB4. I can not get the outlets to turn on when the B Button is pushed - I have setup a "ButtonB" Virtual Outlet - that will trigger to ON when B Button is pushed, but the EB4 outlets won't come on with the command

If Outlet ButtonB = ON Then ON

Nor would they turn on with this command -

If FEEDB 010 Then ON

Are the relayed outlets the problem here?

Do I need to upgrade the EB4 to an EB8? Or swap plugs around between the current EB8 & EB4 so the LED Drivers are not on relayed outlets?

Low draw devices like dosing pumps and low powered lights need to be run off the relay outlets (4 & 8). The triacs (1-3 & 5-7) don't do well with low draw device.

If I get what you are after for the Feed Timer/light program... For the feed timer, you will need to create a profile for the lights intensity (Int_Friends) and a color profile (Int_friends) and a then add a line to each corresponding variable speed outlet that that calls out the profile when the feed timer is on.

Intensity Vspd
If FeedB Then Int_Friend

Color Vspd
If FeedB Then Clr_Friend

Back