Dosing calcium and alkalinity

gareth.hubbarde

OK looking for opinions as to which is best method of dosing. Lfs sells Red skeletal elements stuff, I'm more used to 2 bottle system, one for calcium one for Alk. Thinking of seachem 2 bottle system (reef fusion) At present tank seems to be using Alk quite quickly, not so much calcium surprisingly.

Currently at calcium 420

Alk 7.9 but dosing to get it back above 8.
a6bdee01b8d7971566e5ca41a765f502.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Following. What corals do you have?
I have mostly lps - 3 branching hammers, 2 acans, one torch, one Duncan, one lobo. Several types of softs - zoas and mushrooms, one leather.
2 sps - a red plating montipora and a new purple stylophora frag.

Tank been up about a year now.

Brs 2 part is what I use as well. The 7 pound bag for each has easy to follow instructions and will last you a long time with what you have in your tank. Also they have a calculator on their website so you know exactly how much to dose

Brs 2 part is what I use as well. The 7 pound bag for each has easy to follow instructions and will last you a long time with what you have in your tank. Also they have a calculator on their website so you know exactly how much to dose
Unfortunately not available here in the UK. Think I will use seachem 2 part, it has very favourable reviews.

I personally use BRS 2 part for my tanks. Cheap and effective.

Me three, along with BRS 1.1ml dosers

Unfortunately not available here in the UK. Think I will use seachem 2 part, it has very favourable reviews.

You should be able to find Calcium Chloride and Soda Ash pretty easily.

I use the BRS alk and calcium and is chceap. I used to use the Read Sea but that was expensive if you have a big tank.

Back