Dosing vodka with prodibio !

Yes, in fact when dosing a carbon source, it is recommended that a bacteria source is reintroduced.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14144703#post14144703 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Denadai
bioptim is a carbon source, if you are going to dose vodka, you don´t need bioptim

I could be wrong, but I do not believe that is correct. I think it's just aminos and vitamins targeted to help the bacteria.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14471219#post14471219 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tatoofr
Hi,
I do believe bioptim is a carbon source.

You certainly may be right, but I am curious on what you base that information.

My understanding is that while aminos and similar nutrients are, broadly speaking, "carbon sources" in that they are composed of organic molecules, they differ significantly in their application from what is commonly used in carbon source methodologies - such as acetic acid, glucose/fructose disaccharide or ethanol. The daily additions of these substances, such is in the VSV method, or commercial products such as Zeostart (which has a separate, but corresponding, amino component in the Zeovit system - Zeofood), is a significantly different method of proactive bacterial population management.

Have you seen something that indicates the presence of a carbon source in Bioptim (other than amino acids)?

Re: Dosing vodka with prodibio !

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14139128#post14139128 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Faisal1976us
Hi , can i dose vodka with biodigest and bioptim ?

Sorry for getting off topic there, but to answer the OP, I use Prodibio with daily additions of VSV in two tanks and am very pleased with the results. Just go slow. I would be happy to help with dosages if that would be helpful.

I have no scientific fact upon which to base my method but I have been dosing Biodigest with half the recommended Bioptim. I then do my daily vodka dosing. Everything appears to be fine.
Does anyone sees a problem with this?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14483537#post14483537 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mhaith
I have no scientific fact upon which to base my method but I have been dosing Biodigest with half the recommended Bioptim. I then do my daily vodka dosing. Everything appears to be fine.
Does anyone sees a problem with this?

Sounds good. Just keep an eye on your parameters, and more importantly, your corals.

Back