Downsized to an Edge 22

spankey

I had to break down my 75g due to inability to care for it with a busy schedule! I hung on in the hobby and decided to buy an edge tank! So far I like it except the lighting is bunk! I bought a marine land led light to supliment but I know an upgrade is going to come! The lights are to white and I prefer a blue look!
Just some zoos but will stock eventually with mostly ricordia

8DB173B4-AB1F-4F6A-A045-6A46EB6CB131-37185-00000800E85018CD_zps59be6048.jpg

Any led suggestions for an upgrade DIY project?

I hear ya. I'm hoping to score some on my local pet store round later next week. Fingers crossed. If not, then I'll have to order :( I hate paying shipping.....

I just built some LEDs for my edge. The LEDs I got from clay-boa.com, all solderless, 2 XTE 3 ups, 2 hyper violets, 1 XTE royal blue, and 1 ocean coral white. I'm thinking about doing 1 or 2 more royal blues, not sure yet though. I'm using a meanwell 700ma from rapidled.com. I got the thermal adhesive and heatsink from clay-boa also. Because it was solderless it was very easy to make. All together it was around $80

This is without the ocean coral white

null_zpse84caaa9.jpg

The heatsink was cut to 7" from the 4" wide bulk that clay-boa sells. It fits perfectly in the stock hood. It gets kinda hot so I'm still debating on getting a small fan.

null_zps39e431a9.jpg

The color in this pic is pretty accurate, that's why I think I might add another blue.

null_zps406d6d4b.jpg

Not sure why it replaced the vendor with clay boa but that is not where I got it from, pm me if you want to know.

Back