Dr. Mac order will be arriving in 45 minutes

zooqi

Dr. Zooqi
Premium Member
The two spawning pairs from Dr. Mac should be here in 45 minutes. Nate is 8:30 now and you can come and pick them up this wa you are not late to work.

Very nice orange color and have not seen them for long time. The pairs have missbars and one of the females is misbared one side. I in 10 days I will be getting my other pairs I have reserved to pick up. Hopefully this will be the start of taking lots of pictures. Nate or I will take pictures and post them here.

Here's a few pics I'm very dissappointed about the male's gill
drmacspair005.jpg

drmacspair006.jpg

drmacspair002.jpg

They don't look as bad in the picture but once looking at them in person they kinda look scarry. It looks more like birth defect. It does not look like we can have them viewed in public since we don't want kids see that. Will post in clownfish breeding forum to see what others think about that birth defect. Will see if i can get Dr. Mac let us know if that birth defect can affect their breeding.
Here are the once I have.
Dsc00706.jpg

Dsc00721.jpg

Dsc00725.jpg

Last edited:
I sent Dr. Mac an email for his advice on the deformed fish that is missing parts of its Operculum that makes gills viewable. I also asked him if he thing that this deformation will be passed into the babies. The Preopercule part is not effected but gill cover is what is deformed.

you must be working and up . They do have nice color and I have not seen this color in any other fish other than those that Sanjay was breeding. Talking about Sanjay I remembered that I have to go to PSU tomorrow and be back by 5:00pm if you want to go alone.

here is a reply from Dr. Mac

"A few in the last batch had this defect. I thought I had picked out some good pairs, but must have missed it. They will be fine though, it does not affect them at all."

the reason i asked for the pics was to see if others had deformities. my females face is 'bulldogged' for lack of a better word, it's hard to get a pic at the right angle to show it good, the left side of her face is elongated and the right short. Dr. Mac said that shouldn't be a genetic issue, i guess time will tell.

good luck with your pair guys.

2gvsrd1.jpg

sounds like a good way do get rid of deformed fish and claim :

"A few in the last batch had this defect. I thought I had picked out some good pairs, but must have missed it. They will be fine though, it does not affect them at all."

I would've not gotten them if I knew they were deformed and specially to place them somewhere in public for kids to see. I thought Dr. Mac might offer to exchange them but he did not sound like he would since he did not reply to my last email that I sent last night.

MO, I have dealt with Mac on many occasions and in fact he was just at our swap. He is very busy this time of year with all the fall swaps. Give him some time, he has always been very fair with me!

I've ordered corals from Dr Mac several times and have excellent results, with this order i started off ordering a Solomon Island mated pair of Maroons which the male was DOA (crushed in shipping), my above pair were a replacement to the maroons that they didn't get in any replacements for, needless to say I'm not overly thrilled with them. the O's were 49 bucks, the maroons were 89 bucks, so for my 130 bucks (shipping too) i got a female maroon and a deformed female and misbared male pair of O's.

i could of got a female maroon locally for 25 bucks (but I've had no luck getting them to form a pair is why i ordered the pair) and O's are 12 bucks each with no deformities.........

I don't know how he could have "missed"the gill on this fish. I saw it as soon as I looked at the bag.

Back