Dragon Wrasse hiding?

Decheveria

So yesterday I added a small (a little over 1") Dragon Wrasse, for basically the entire day it swam around all over the tank and even ate when I fed all the fish.

So here's where I lost him. I turned on the blue lights for a couple hours before bed and noticed he wasn't swimming around. I just assumed he was in the rocks or something since it's a huge tank with a lot of rock and nothing in there is big enough to eat him yet.

So today the lights have been on for about 6-8 hours and still no sign of him? Any reason for this? I've heard they burry themselves? Freaking out a little bit that I can't find him lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is in the sand. Give him a couple of days to get used to his new home and he`ll be fine. Throw some empty shells or small rocks into the tank for him to play with. You will be surprised on how big of a rock they can move for their size. Stay with fresh or frozen meaty foods clams, shrimp, salmon, mysis, are best.

He is in the sand. Give him a couple of days to get used to his new home and he`ll be fine. Throw some empty shells or small rocks into the tank for him to play with. You will be surprised on how big of a rock they can move for their size. Stay with fresh or frozen meaty foods clams, shrimp, salmon, mysis, are best.

Awesome, thank you! When I was feeding the grouper and puffers tonight he appeared to eat. Probably my favorite fish haha, they're neat

I took some ruble from the sump and some shells and put them on the sand bed for him as well

Thank you again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, give it a little more time. I had a wrasse that stayed in the sand for about 2 weeks. He will come out when he is ready. Do not go looking for him, as this will stress him out even more.

Back