dragonet with aggresive fish?

marcrunner

Hoping to get a dragonet, commonly reffered to as a scooter blenny. I have three other fish, wondering if they will get along together. I have a mappa, dragon wrasse, and tusk. the puffer is about 7" , and the wrasses are about 3" . Think that the dragonet will be able to survive with this combo?

not sure they are not very good when with faster bigger fish as they cant compete for food as they are slow or just lazy mine sits around all day but i make sure he gets food and it depends on what size your going to get one at they might pick on it

Id be more worried about the 2 wrasses together how long have you had them like that.
I forsee a fight to the death in the making???

I have the tusk in quarantine right now, so I am not sure how they will act. I have always been told that the tusk could handle his own, and they are both only about 3 inches long. I was just looking for a fish that would keep the rocks clean like a blenny. I will have to see how the wrasses act when I put them together.

The only cleaning of the rocks a scooter would do, is clean the rocks free of copepods. Definitely not algae eaters. In a 300, you could drop a Kole in there and never see it again, only that you're rocks are clean lol.

I have scooters in aggressive tank, only with different fish - filefish, lion, valentini puffer. No problems from these fish - they just ignore scooters, but dragonet scooters will not clean rock from algae, as was said in previous post, they are copepod and very small pieces of food eaters.

My Lawn Mower Blenny is more than capable of holding his own with a large rabbit, large damsel, and a mean little dottyback. He'll actually take food away from the other fish while they're eating!

Back