Duncan Colony for Sale

usfpaul82

Well after much thought I decided to sell one of my prize pieces. I have a beautiful Duncan colony that I hate to let go, but am in need of some extra cash at the moment and need to make room for another coral that is outgrowing its space. I have had it for about 6 months and it has at least 35 heads on it. It is very healthy and pops out a new polyp every few weeks. It opens up more than any duncan I have ever seen. The pics really don't do it justice. Its hard to tell the size in the pic, but its about 4" by 3", but when fully open, its as big as a baseball. I would like to get $150 for it. Thats under $5 a head. I see these going for over $15 a head. I tried to get some shots of its various stages of polyp extension. Thanks

DSC_8792.jpg

DSC_8799.jpg

DSC_8801.jpg

What kind of camera do you have?

I have a very simalir colony of duncans with about 30+ heads, there must be differant varieties of the duncan because my heads have short fat tentacles apossed to yours are much longer and resemble spaghetti, mine look more like big zoanthids with long skirts

What color is the mouth on yours?

I have a Nikon D50. These duncans at time look short and fat, but as I stated above, I have never seen duncans extend as much as these do. When fully extended, they wave very freely with the current. You can see a mouth in the last picture. Same color as the skirt.

Just picked up the duncan from Paul and very happy with it. As it was afixed to the rock Paul was gracious enough to throw the rock in with the deal. Ironically the rock sits in our tank almost exactly as it was placed in his. Hopefully this is a good sign. Thanks Paul.

Back